Wednesday Night Stony Ride

Announcements for group rides

Postby MountainMike » May 26th, 2004, 8:35 am

I'll be at the school at around 5pm. Hope to see you there.

Anyone else planning to do the 6:30 ride tonight?
~Mike

Every reality was once a possibility
MountainMike

Postby inasnit » May 26th, 2004, 8:52 am

me me me
~marty
Team Trails-Edge
http://www.trails-edge.com
inasnit

Postby pritchett » May 26th, 2004, 9:14 am

I'm considering going out there tonight on my unicycle. yup, unicycle.

Never ridden farther than down my street and back, so this should be quite an experience.
I'm pretty decent at just riding around, though it seems to get quite boring without any challenge, so I figured I'd go out and give it shot at stoney tonight.

I'm hoping to do the snakes and the roller coaster in less than an hour, Including walking and trying to get on the thing after I fall off.

I expect to hear alot of comments tonight, mostly sarcastic and annoying. The classics include "where's your other wheel", "you lost a wheel" and the like. most people think those are creative comments. they aren't.

So I must request, to aid in my own sanity, that if any of you see me don't ask above questions, cause I don't have any witty comebacks.

I'll be parking at the trailhead, not the highschool, so I don't plan on riding with you all tonight, not that i'd be able to keep up at all anyway.

Maybe I'll see you later.
pritchett

Postby Rider » May 26th, 2004, 9:21 am

i'll be there! can't miss a ride on such a beautiful day like this!

rider

Rider

Postby KRUG » May 26th, 2004, 9:21 am

I should be there by 5:00 pm.

Mike, I'm looking forword to seeing your new bike.

Krug
KRUG

Stoney

Postby WICCMB » May 26th, 2004, 9:45 am

I'm planning on it! :shock:
WICCMB
Administrator

Postby MountainMike » May 26th, 2004, 9:49 am

pritchett wrote:I'm considering going out there tonight on my unicycle. yup, unicycle.

Never ridden farther than down my street and back, so this should be quite an experience.
I'm pretty decent at just riding around, though it seems to get quite boring without any challenge, so I figured I'd go out and give it shot at stoney tonight.

I'm hoping to do the snakes and the roller coaster in less than an hour, Including walking and trying to get on the thing after I fall off.

I expect to hear alot of comments tonight, mostly sarcastic and annoying. The classics include "where's your other wheel", "you lost a wheel" and the like. most people think those are creative comments. they aren't.

So I must request, to aid in my own sanity, that if any of you see me don't ask above questions, cause I don't have any witty comebacks.

I'll be parking at the trailhead, not the highschool, so I don't plan on riding with you all tonight, not that i'd be able to keep up at all anyway.

Maybe I'll see you later.

That's a gutsy move! I think that it's really cool that you can even ride a unicycle. It's funny, but I actually saw someone on a uni the other day near Stoney when I was coming home. They were on the sidewalk though. Hope to see you out there tonight and be carefull, it's muddy!
~Mike

MountainMike

Postby soupy » May 26th, 2004, 10:34 am

hey all, I'm new to this group. Is this a trail ride? I've never ridden at Stoney. I'm interested, but I don't have any heavy duty lights.. just a couple I use for road riding.. there ought to be plenty of good riding before it gets too dark though, don't ya think?

Thanks..
soupy

Postby MountainMike » May 26th, 2004, 10:38 am

soupy wrote:hey all, I'm new to this group. Is this a trail ride? I've never ridden at Stoney. I'm interested, but I don't have any heavy duty lights.. just a couple I use for road riding.. there ought to be plenty of good riding before it gets too dark though, don't ya think?

Thanks..

Actually we wont' be riding after dark so you won't need lights. It is a trail ride and the trails are very nice out there. Check out the Trail Guide for more details
~Mike

MountainMike

Postby soupy » May 26th, 2004, 11:17 am

Hey thanks, Mike.. Hopefully I'll see you guys out there.. I drive a black GMC Sonoma, ride a blue Trek 8000.
soupy

Postby Double_D » May 26th, 2004, 11:26 am

soupy wrote:hey all, I'm new to this group. Is this a trail ride? I've never ridden at Stoney. I'm interested, but I don't have any heavy duty lights.. just a couple I use for road riding.. there ought to be plenty of good riding before it gets too dark though, don't ya think?

Thanks..

Do you know we meet at Stoney Creek High School and not at the park trailhead?
AKA Dangerous Dan
Double_D

Postby soupy » May 26th, 2004, 11:44 am

Yeah, got that from the calander.. Thanks, tho.. I noticed some will be there at 5pm.. the rides starts at 6:30 tho, right? I get off at 5, so I'll be pushin it just to get there by 6:30...
soupy

Postby macbean » May 26th, 2004, 12:04 pm

Anybody coming from the Southfield area? I'd like to join the ride but don't know if I can make it in time. I get out of work at 5:30 and heading north from here looks to be a real pain.
macbean

Postby inasnit » May 26th, 2004, 12:23 pm

macbean wrote:Anybody coming from the Southfield area? I'd like to join the ride but don't know if I can make it in time. I get out of work at 5:30 and heading north from here looks to be a real pain.

Frank,

The 15 min rule applys, also, if you're running late, you can likely meet up with us at the end of hte pines after you get there ... You have Nick's cell phone number, right? Just give him a call and let him know your status, and we'll keep our eyes open for ya ..

Soupy -- the ride is 6:30, some get there early to play around a bit, but the official ride kicks off at 6:30 + the 15 min rule (we wait 15 min for stragglers)
~marty
Team Trails-Edge
http://www.trails-edge.com
inasnit

Postby Littlebike » May 26th, 2004, 12:25 pm

eye appointment at 6:15pm, if it is reasonable I will show up and ride but most likely you all will be gone by the time I get there. Maybe I will see you on the trail.
Littlebike

PreviousNext

Return to Ride Announcements