Classified Ads Policy UPDATED 07/09

Where individuals (non-commercial sellers) can buy or sell stuff.

Classified Ads Policy UPDATED 07/09

Postby dirt » June 19th, 2004, 8:16 pm

Classifieds ads intended for non-commercial sellers. Bike shops and other cycling-related businesses are should post in the Bike Shop News forum.

You are not the price police for the for sale forum. It is not up to you to determine what something in someone else's ad is worth. If you don't think it's a good deal, don't buy it. If you truly believe someone is blatantly trying to rip someone else off, PM one of the Mods about it. We'll look into it, and make a decision if the thread should stay or go. We will delete anyone's post in the for sale section if they are bashing someone's ad. Negotiation is encouraged, and if you post a for sale ad, and some one makes you an offer that you feel is too low, respond politely, and they just may come up with the money you want. If you don't have something to contribute to a for sale post, don't post in the thread! If you truly "just want to help", then handle any communication with the poster via PM's, not publicly on the forums.

Please refrain from BUMPING topics placed on the forum over enthusiastically. We know that when you are posting items in the classifieds, you want as much exposure as possible, but bumping topics more then every few days simply pushes newer topics further down the page, resulting in them needing to bump their topics to give them equal time at the top of the page. Bumping more then every couple of days is poor form, and bumping on a daily basis is highly discouraged. Excessive bumps will be deleted, and repeat offenders may have their ability to post in classifieds restricted. Note: This policy is the result of user complaints. The people you are upsetting with this behavior are the people you are trying to sell things too.
Nick Shue

The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt

Return to Classified Ads