How do I post pictures in the forums?

Where to report web site problems, make suggestions, and ask questions

Re: How do I post pictures in the forums?

Postby Andy_B » July 31st, 2012, 1:57 pm

#MMBA.ORG Fail
Andy_B

Postby c0nsumer » July 31st, 2012, 3:27 pm

Andy_B wrote:#MMBA.ORG Fail

Eh? You have a broken link to a page which returns a 403.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby dirt » July 31st, 2012, 4:59 pm

c0nsumer wrote:
Andy_B wrote:#MMBA.ORG Fail

Eh? You have a broken link to a page which returns a 403.

Yup. I just copied the URL to my clipboard, and pasted it in the address bar of my browser, and got a 403 error. That has nothing to do with the board software at all.

#BlameFail
Nick Shue

The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt

Postby balexander87 » August 1st, 2012, 7:56 am

Andy_B wrote:I'm getting "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image." when trying to post of photo from drop box?

https://photos-1.dropbox.com/btj/8fdfa2 ... ze=800x600

In my experience, the link you use to post an image must end with .jpg, .png, .gif, etc. That will be the link to the actual image file. In this case, you might try removing the "?size=800x600" from the end of url.

Code: Select all
[img]https://photos-1.dropbox.com/btj/8fdfa2b7/dcUbyjG-MmdSBXXjrhtCoWvKWIqRabqVidpbxXdkTGw/IMAG1561_Sophia_Hassel1.jpg[/img]

In this case, it still doesn't work, which points towards the source file being in a location with restricted access. Not sure why it would work in an email and not here. I always make sure the image is the only thing in the browser when I copy the url, like this:

I do this by right-clicking an image I want to upload and selecting "Open Image in New Tab". This should open the image file on it's own. The url for that file is then listed in the URL bar. Also, if the file is in a location with restricted access (e.g., a DropBox, Flickr, Picasa, etc. which requires a login to access), the image might show up for you if you are logged in, but it won't work for others who are not. I check this by viewing my post in a "Private Browser" such as Incognito for Chrome (Ctrl+Shift+N) or "Private Browsing" in Safari, which does not remember any of the sites I "stay logged in" on. Not sure what it's called for Firefox, but I'm sure there is an equivalent.
balexander87

Postby c0nsumer » February 3rd, 2013, 4:09 pm

As a suggestion to everyone, use imgur instead of ImageShack. No pop-ups, sane ads, and easy to create albums and such.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby TenSpeed » February 5th, 2013, 2:28 am

I have been using Photobucket, and honestly, I can't find anything that is easier. They give you the img code once you upload the picture. Click the link and it copies it for you. Right click on the forum, and paste it. How is it easier?
TenSpeed

Postby ReidRules18 » July 4th, 2018, 3:30 pm

What's the best way to do this? I haven't had luck with image shack or photobucket.
"Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money"-Cree Indian
ReidRules18

Postby c0nsumer » July 4th, 2018, 3:36 pm

ReidRules18 wrote:What's the best way to do this? I haven't had luck with image shack or photobucket.

imgur.

ImageShack and Photobucket suck.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

c0nsumer

Previous

Return to Web Site Issues