Western: Cannonsburg SGA

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Western: Cannonsburg SGA

Postby kayakpete » July 14th, 2009, 7:46 am

HEY -

Great job on the new trail map for Cannonsburg SGA.

http://mmba.org/library/maps/cannonsbur ... _color.png

Who put that together? I want to give credit where credit is due.

THANKS!
User avatar
kayakpete
 
Posts: 47
Joined: April 21st, 2009, 11:00 am
Location: Holland, MI

Re: Western: Cannonsburg SGA

Postby RickPlite » July 14th, 2009, 7:56 am

that was GVSU student, Andrew Sisson. He made new ones for Yankee and Luton as well. Look for new Bass, Ski and Ionia maps next spring. I agree, he does a great job!
User avatar
RickPlite
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: July 16th, 2002, 11:23 pm
Location: Comstock Park

Re: Western: Cannonsburg SGA

Postby cramer » July 23rd, 2009, 9:20 am

my new seat bag unzipped itself and threw my stuff somewhere on the trail. Crank Bros pump and multi-tool. Let me know if you find it.
User avatar
cramer
 
Posts: 1839
Joined: February 19th, 2003, 4:53 pm
Location: Cannonsburg

Re: Western: Cannonsburg SGA

Postby sworks88 » July 23rd, 2009, 11:02 am

How did the trail hold up with the rain?
User avatar
sworks88
 
Posts: 1129
Joined: July 19th, 2005, 11:46 am
Location: On a diet

Re: Western: Cannonsburg SGA

Postby cramer » July 23rd, 2009, 11:57 am

sworks88 wrote:How did the trail hold up with the rain?


I don't know, I actually rode it Tues. afternoon before the rain. It was raining REALLY hard here yesterday eve. though.
User avatar
cramer
 
Posts: 1839
Joined: February 19th, 2003, 4:53 pm
Location: Cannonsburg

Re: Western: Cannonsburg SGA

Postby Gooser » July 23rd, 2009, 2:12 pm

FYI There is a huge oak tree .80 miles from the start. I might have been the first person to portage across it.
Gooser
 
Posts: 9
Joined: July 9th, 2009, 12:30 pm
Location: Comstock Park

Re: Western: Cannonsburg SGA

Postby kms662 » July 23rd, 2009, 9:38 pm

Yeah, definitely going to need to hike over that one (no way to ride around or over it) unless you bring your chainsaw!
kms662
 
Posts: 265
Joined: May 26th, 2009, 9:21 pm
Location: Somewhere between Riley, Merrell & Yankee

Re: Western: Cannonsburg SGA

Postby bloatin-in-croton » July 28th, 2009, 9:23 am

I have your stuff, I'm riding tomorrow afternoon, e-mail me and we'll hook up.
cramer wrote:my new seat bag unzipped itself and threw my stuff somewhere on the trail. Crank Bros pump and multi-tool. Let me know if you find it.
bloatin-in-croton
 
Posts: 0
Joined: July 28th, 2009, 5:37 am
Location: Newaygo

Re: Western: Cannonsburg SGA

Postby cramer » July 28th, 2009, 9:30 am

bloatin-in-croton wrote:I have your stuff, I'm riding tomorrow afternoon, e-mail me and we'll hook up.
cramer wrote:my new seat bag unzipped itself and threw my stuff somewhere on the trail. Crank Bros pump and multi-tool. Let me know if you find it.


THANKS! I got your PM, I'll give you a call.
User avatar
cramer
 
Posts: 1839
Joined: February 19th, 2003, 4:53 pm
Location: Cannonsburg

Re: Western: Cannonsburg SGA

Postby Slimm » July 28th, 2009, 9:41 am

anybody know if that tree is still down in sec 1?

I heard a rumor that if it is still down it may be evaluated for conversion to a log crossing. what say yous?

-S
User avatar
Slimm
 
Posts: 258
Joined: April 5th, 2009, 5:22 pm
Location: on my way to the pub (GR area)

Re: Western: Cannonsburg SGA

Postby Mike_D » July 28th, 2009, 10:21 am

Slimm wrote:anybody know if that tree is still down in sec 1?

I heard a rumor that if it is still down it may be evaluated for conversion to a log crossing. what say yous?

-S


Rode a couple laps this morning - yep, still down. Looks like some are taking it upon themselves to make a re-route just before the tree, cutting the corner so something should be done with it soon. A log crossing would be really cool but dicey for some with not much riding experience due to the corner just before the tree. I would have cut it off the trail, but I have no chain saw....
User avatar
Mike_D
 
Posts: 1946
Joined: March 29th, 2004, 11:22 am
Location: Grand Rapids

Re: Western: Cannonsburg SGA

Postby bloatin-in-croton » July 28th, 2009, 11:45 am

I have a saw and will be out there tomorrow, it could be done in 5 minutes, but... I'm a new kid on this block and will need the O.K. from the higher ups,(maybe Chris or John). Please let me know and I'll be happy to do it.
mntn-biker wrote:
Slimm wrote:anybody know if that tree is still down in sec 1?

I heard a rumor that if it is still down it may be evaluated for conversion to a log crossing. what say yous?

-S


Rode a couple laps this morning - yep, still down. Looks like some are taking it upon themselves to make a re-route just before the tree, cutting the corner so something should be done with it soon. A log crossing would be really cool but dicey for some with not much riding experience due to the corner just before the tree. I would have cut it off the trail, but I have no chain saw....
bloatin-in-croton
 
Posts: 0
Joined: July 28th, 2009, 5:37 am
Location: Newaygo

Re: Western: Cannonsburg SGA

Postby Bigtymer » July 28th, 2009, 5:06 pm

SGA should be a duel track instead of a single track. How many little reroutes are there now like 15. People need to man up and ride over a three inch root instead of going around. You should probably quit mtn biking if you find yourself going around these stupid reroutes. Especially at a easy trail like SGA!
User avatar
Bigtymer
 
Posts: 112
Joined: November 6th, 2008, 8:57 am
Location: Carbondale, CO

Re: Western: Cannonsburg SGA

Postby bloatin-in-croton » July 30th, 2009, 7:20 am

The tree in sec. 1 has been cleared.
bloatin-in-croton
 
Posts: 0
Joined: July 28th, 2009, 5:37 am
Location: Newaygo

Re: Western: Cannonsburg SGA

Postby sworks88 » July 30th, 2009, 7:25 am

Awesome. Thanks for the work!
User avatar
sworks88
 
Posts: 1129
Joined: July 19th, 2005, 11:46 am
Location: On a diet

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests