CRAMBA: Pontiac Lake

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby petefavata » May 26th, 2004, 7:40 pm

Go ride Pontiac. About two, maybe three small puddles (less than 2 feet long and maybe 1 inch deep) that are easily bunny hopped. Watch for two downed trees.
petefavata

Pontiac Is Ready To Ride

Postby jozwikjp » May 28th, 2004, 8:50 pm

Yaaa!! Pontiac is good to go. Rode today. Only about 1 1/2 puddles woth mentioning. And just a note whoever stole my demo Christini AWD that I was going to play with all memmorial weekend long... Thanks alot. :evil:

Happy Memorial Day!
Jozwikjp
USMC Vet
Cpl Jozwik
jozwikjp

Postby fz4vgq » May 29th, 2004, 9:20 am

jozwikjp, Thanks for the trail update. What was stolen from you? and where did it get stolen from? in the PLRA parking lot?
fz4vgq

Postby MKnezek » June 2nd, 2004, 8:35 pm

Me and some friends rode PLRA on Monday and boy was it a mud bath! The trail definitely needs a few days to dry up. :(
MKnezek

Postby weimie » June 4th, 2004, 3:01 pm

Just rode Pontiac this afternoon and it's in great shape. There are still a few mud "spots" but not enough to slide out in or get mud on your bike. Finally :)
weimie

Postby Steve_Kinley » June 4th, 2004, 4:57 pm

Just rode Pontiac this afternoon and it's in great shape

Was that you out there about 2:30? With the drivetrain making noise on the hills?
Steve_Kinley

Postby weimie » June 4th, 2004, 4:59 pm

Yeah that was me. It's been giving me a problem the last few days but like always I forget about it until the next day. Maybe I'll fix it now....
weimie

Postby RideOrDieDAN » June 7th, 2004, 11:04 am

I saw horse stuff on the MTB trail sunday. don't let your water bottle fall in that. :x
Team Fraser
RideOrDieDAN

Postby weimie » June 17th, 2004, 7:42 pm

Pontiac is in pretty good shape. There are the normal mud spots but i's not the thick sticky mud, mostly puddles of muddy water. Not to say that I wasn't covered in mud again but the ride was enjoyable as always.

There is a down tree in the beginning when you start the rocky twisty climbs, you'll have to get off you bike and walk it up that hill.
weimie

Postby OneTooMany » June 19th, 2004, 1:03 pm

another rippin' day at pontiac. a little greasy in the usual spots, but hardly even worth mentioning. a little dustier than last week, and some sand buildup, but overall, very fast, and in very good shape. the only new obstacle is a downed tree just after mile 5 lying diagonal across the trail, treacherous, but rideable, maybe unclip one foot.

--John
OneTooMany

Postby froggyrider » June 20th, 2004, 6:55 pm

Pontiac is in great shape- must be all the rocky parts that kept the trail in one piece instead of sliding downhill.

I saw that log and attepted a bunny hop- almost made it, too... But I didn't think that it was a log downed- I thought it was part of the trail! That was a milestone for me, trying to hop it.
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Postby dnale » June 24th, 2004, 10:43 am

That log is still there. We rode last night. First time at Pontiac this year. We went after the rain had come through so we got pretty nasty out there. The mosquitos were terrible. Someone was riding with a big german shepard off leash and it scared the crap out of the guy I rode with. All of a sudden you hear something in the woods and then see a flash of big dog along the trail. I looked twice. The dog knew the trail so I'm sure it wasn't his first time.

I forgot how much fun pontiac is. I know we didn't set record times for it, but it was a nice break from Highland.
dnale

Postby DeanWermer » July 5th, 2004, 9:20 pm

There's a big tree :shock: down across the trail. Just before you get to mile marker 4. ( Just before the paved road). I had to crawl under that sucker !!

LAter,

JD
DeanWermer

Postby matt_mccluskey » July 7th, 2004, 6:29 am

I reported it to the DNR Office, and they kinda snickered at me, like it was MY problem that the tree had fallen there. What jerks. I don't know if they'll get off their butts and remove it anytime soon.
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."-Author unknown
matt_mccluskey

Postby RideCannondale » July 20th, 2004, 7:12 pm

Hey all, I have never been out to Pontiac Lake, and my girlfriend and I are going to be camping there this Friday and possibly Saturday. Anyone know how close the campground is to the trails? How are the trails looking out there?

Also, is anyone planning to ride out there Saturday? I am still kinda new at this and would love to be able to ride with someone who could take me through.
Make me a bicycle... Clown...
RideCannondale

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions