Western: Cannonsburg SGA

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Western: Cannonsburg SGA

Postby trout_smith » September 4th, 2010, 11:02 pm

Conditions are super fine out there right now. As fast as I've seen it. That rain really did some good.
http://www.mtb4u.com

The Motion Initative

"If you're going to be stupid, you better be tough." - Some crazy old coot from "Up North"
trout_smith

Postby Guppie » September 6th, 2010, 2:43 pm

Has anybody done a sub-25 minute lap? Last year I hit 24.12 but this year I just can't get below 25. I've only try about once a month, but it's frustrating. I don't think anythings changed on the trail. I know a few people last year did sub-25. Are you still getting that time (without taking the corner short-cuts).
Guppie

Postby John_H » September 7th, 2010, 7:17 pm

Dried out pretty quick as of Tues 9/7, except for the usual mud hole suspects. Tons of sticks and branches down from wind recently. Still big tree down just before the armored downhill in the 3rd section.
Remember - Last day to ride is next Tuesday the 14th!
John_H

Postby Ranger Pride » September 8th, 2010, 6:19 pm

Guppie wrote:Has anybody done a sub-25 minute lap? Last year I hit 24.12 but this year I just can't get below 25. I've only try about once a month, but it's frustrating. I don't think anythings changed on the trail. I know a few people last year did sub-25. Are you still getting that time (without taking the corner short-cuts).

How far is a lap at Egypt Valley now. Your time seems incredibly fast for that course. I thought it was about 8 miles so you are averaging over 19 miles per hour. WOW
Ranger Pride

Postby Slimm » September 8th, 2010, 6:42 pm

Ranger Pride wrote:
Guppie wrote:Has anybody done a sub-25 minute lap? Last year I hit 24.12 but this year I just can't get below 25. I've only try about once a month, but it's frustrating. I don't think anythings changed on the trail. I know a few people last year did sub-25. Are you still getting that time (without taking the corner short-cuts).

How far is a lap at Egypt Valley now. Your time seems incredibly fast for that course. I thought it was about 8 miles so you are averaging over 19 miles per hour. WOW

nah, its only 7.5 or so. I was running back to back 24 thirties out there before that tree fell in the third section. the trick is staying in the big ring going up the hills, isn't that right guppie
:icon_smoking:
why did they say I needed this degree?

../|. ,[______],
|---L =O|||||||O
()_) .()_)--~---)_)
Slimm

Postby Bigtymer » September 8th, 2010, 7:02 pm

Burn!! Nice:)
Bigtymer
Bigtymer

Postby Ranger Pride » September 8th, 2010, 8:09 pm

Slimm wrote:
Ranger Pride wrote:

nah, its only 7.5 or so. I was running back to back 24 thirties out there before that tree fell in the third section. the trick is staying in the big ring going up the hills, isn't that right guppie
:icon_smoking:

Ah.....So big ringin up the hills at full speed is the key to ultra speed. I got it now. Sub 25's here I come!!
Ranger Pride

Postby Guppie » September 8th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Bigtymer wrote:Burn!! Nice:)

I don't get the burn. Somebody started a thread last year regarding sub 25 minute laps. There were a few people who were doing it. I asked so I could see if there were trail changes I didn't notice or if my riding has just slowed. What's the big deal in asking? :roll:
Guppie

Postby Bigtymer » September 8th, 2010, 8:55 pm

24mins 30 secs at 18.75mph is hard to believe unless you're a pro. who sponsor's you guys?
Bigtymer
Bigtymer

Postby Ranger Pride » September 9th, 2010, 10:11 am

Bigtymer wrote:24mins 30 secs at 18.75mph is hard to believe unless you're a pro. who sponsor's you guys?

I think we all are in your camp on this one hence the sarcastic tone of our replies. Althought the earlier big ring suggestion to gain ultimate speed has some real promise to it. I am going to put a road crank on with a 53 big ring, then I will really be fast.
Ranger Pride

Postby cramer » September 9th, 2010, 11:08 am

The downed tree just before rock garden has been removed.
cramer

Postby Guppie » September 9th, 2010, 11:19 am

Bigtymer wrote:24mins 30 secs at 18.75mph is hard to believe unless you're a pro. who sponsor's you guys?

I'm not the one doing it, I'm the one asking if anybody has gone sub-25 this year.
Guppie

Postby G.R.XC-MTNBKR » September 9th, 2010, 1:37 pm

My sigma has the length much closer to 8 miles. I have no reason to doubt it.
Ride or Die
Just Ride
Specialized SL Pro
G.R.XC-MTNBKR

Postby printenv » September 9th, 2010, 2:37 pm

I have been consistently getting 7.8 miles on the trail
"One has to be able to adapt to the unexpected, laugh at the absurdly difficult, and find some level of enjoyment at even the toughest times." -- Kurt Refsnider
printenv

Postby Guppie » September 9th, 2010, 2:38 pm

GPS distance will always be shorter than wheel magnet due to elevation changes.
Guppie

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions