MCMBA: Proud Lake

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Proud Lake

Postby ssteinbe » September 25th, 2010, 3:39 pm

Cleared 3 trees from the trail today. Trail is now clear except for several small branches from yesterday's wind. Otherwise, trail is in great shape.
Steve
MCMBA/MMBA
ssteinbe

Postby Spinwheel » October 16th, 2010, 11:02 pm

L1 has a small tree down near wixom rd. L4 is good - saw a few hunters out there and a couple of horses. On the kensington connector I rode up on a woman on a grey horse - they were quite a bit ahead of me and moving fast - when she got to S. Hill Rd. she pulled the horse left onto the right side of the road facing away from me as I crossed the road behind them I said, "you KNOW you're on the wrong trail" - more of a statement than a question. She heard me but said nothing. The horse was obviously quite skittish and she was trying to calm it so I didn't stick around to discuss trail etiquette and the location of the horse trail which was about 30 feet in front of her. Other than that, it was an awsome ride as usual!
See you on the trail
Spinwheel

Postby WICCMB » October 22nd, 2010, 7:36 am

Just rode PL last night....cleared 2 small trees from loop 1, and another from loop 2. Get on out and ride!
WICCMB
Administrator

Postby J/C » October 28th, 2010, 9:51 am

Loops 1 and 2 are in good shape despite the wind. Large tree down across the exit of Loop 4 where it comes out by the RR tracks.
John
J/C

Postby Spinwheel » November 16th, 2010, 1:25 pm

J/C wrote:Loops 1 and 2 are in good shape despite the wind. Large tree down across the exit of Loop 4 where it comes out by the RR tracks.
John

Thanks for allowing me to assist with that tree and the other 3 on Sunday... good to get out there!
See you on the trail
Spinwheel

Postby ihateplaindave » December 6th, 2010, 11:09 am

A group of us rode it Sunday AM. Perfect. No water, mud, sand or face slappers. Best time of the year to ride it. Get out there now!
ihateplaindave

Postby plaindave » December 12th, 2010, 9:07 pm

A more fun group of us rode it this morning. Absolutely perfect conditions. About 1-2 inches of fresh snow. A few easy falls when we slid out. Talk about fun! Nothing like watching your riding buddies fall down in front of you.
"You can't be a Real Country unless you have a beer and an airline-it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."

-- Frank Zappa
plaindave

Postby Bruck » January 10th, 2011, 7:24 am

Expected to just ride dirt roads around Milford yesterday, but ended up following some tire tracks into loop 1.

The horses pushed down the snow enough to make it a some-what pleasant ride. Some horse dung, but was going slow enough to avoid it.

Great ride!
Bruck

Postby Builder-Bill » March 29th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Proud Lake's Loops 3 and 4 were in good shape as of Saturday (3/26 ), Also the trail between Kensington and Proud lake was in good shape, and mostly dry.
Ride Proud lake, Its in your back yard. True Old School riding..
Bill and Sam the Trail Dog
Builder-Bill

Postby amadkins » March 29th, 2011, 5:04 pm

Builder-Bill wrote:Proud Lake's Loops 3 and 4 were in good shape as of Saturday (3/26 ), Also the trail between Kensington and Proud lake was in good shape, and mostly dry.
Ride Proud lake, Its in your back yard. True Old School riding..
Bill and Sam the Trail Dog

Thanks for the update Bill. Have you had a chance to check Milford yet?
amadkins

Postby Spinwheel » March 29th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Tonight I found the connector from Glengary to the dirt road to be pretty rutted in spots. Even with temps below freezing tonight it was still pretty soft - should be avoided. Same for Commerce - some sections are too soft still.
See you on the trail
Spinwheel

Postby Builder-Bill » March 30th, 2011, 10:18 am

Hi Tim
Milford is still soft in a few spots, If the Weather stays above freezing it should be dry out in a few days.
Builder-Bill

Postby b_b » March 30th, 2011, 11:55 pm

I know these trials are shared with horses. Are there any plans to build separate trails? It seems strange that 900 acre Maybury can have separate trails, but 4700 acre Proud lake does not.
b_b

Postby WICCMB » March 31st, 2011, 1:10 am

b_b wrote:I know these trials are shared with horses. Are there any plans to build separate trails? It seems strange that 900 acre Maybury can have separate trails, but 4700 acre Proud lake does not.

There are no plans to separate the trail system at this time. To be honest, in the park's eyes there is no reason to do so - these trails get few users. Even on the nicest weekend days, you will only encounter a couple of people out there max.
WICCMB
Administrator

Postby Steve_Balogh » March 31st, 2011, 4:53 am

WishIcouldcatchmybreath wrote:
b_b wrote:I know these trials are shared with horses. Are there any plans to build separate trails? It seems strange that 900 acre Maybury can have separate trails, but 4700 acre Proud lake does not.

There are no plans to separate the trail system at this time. To be honest, in the park's eyes there is no reason to do so - these trails get few users. Even on the nicest weekend days, you will only encounter a couple of people out there max.

What amazes me is how many hoof prints I'll see on the sandy stretch from the parkinglot to the RR tracks, and far less on the trail, with the exception of the long rocky DH. Are the equestrians using the road or some other section in particular? I have yet to even encounter an equestrian on that trail, though I'll admit I don't ride Proud Lake too often each year.
Steve_Balogh

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions