a2 Enduo: The Summer Sessions SEPT 9 IT.IS.ON!

For all issues relating to technical trails, riding, and advocacy

Re: a2 Enduo: The Summer Sessions SEPT 9 IT.IS.ON!

Postby mtbfree » August 27th, 2012, 10:18 am

300hp wrote:
ArcticRobot wrote:Oh, wait a sec. September 9 is Lions Tailgating at Eastern Market. My company is hosting big event over there for customers and I may be required to be there. I hope not, but most probably yes. Not cool.

1. I've heard of your beast ways on the DH bike. I'm going to make you ride with a flat tire just to slow you down a bit.

2. Bikes are 94% more fun than watching people drink miller lite and talk about "stats" and whatever else football people do when they waste a sunday.

+1 to all of the above... except I would put it more like 150% more fun than that.
I'm just here to ride...

-'15 Transition Scout
-'15 Trek Session 88
-'04 Santa Cruz Chameleon
mtbfree

Postby mtbfree » August 27th, 2012, 10:29 am

sndmn2 wrote:Where is this being held? I"d like to check this out. See one for myself. I"d like to watch one to asses my own skills first before attempting.

Meet-up is at Island Park in Ann Arbor... it comes up on google maps here. And remember, this isn't a real enduro, it's a group ride styled like an enduro. Nobody will laugh or jeer if you take each run slowly. Ride them at your own pace and just come have fun... Not to mention that in order to watch any of it, you'll have to come ride with us a little bit, since the stages are located all over A2, and since you'll already be on your bike, you might as well ride the enduro stages as well :wink:
Most of the trails that we'll be running stages on are just the downhill-ish parts of XC trails... nothing really difficult with the exception of the optional stage mentioned previously. The fun part is pushing yourself to ride each stage faster than you normally would on an XC loop, getting just a little bit out of your comfort zone and finding new life in the local trails.
I'm just here to ride...

-'15 Transition Scout
-'15 Trek Session 88
mtbfree

Postby iamkickstand » August 27th, 2012, 12:22 pm

I am sad to report I'll not be able to attend this great event. I'll be riding chairlifts.
iamkickstand

Postby 300hp » August 27th, 2012, 2:59 pm

mtbfree wrote:
300hp wrote:
ArcticRobot wrote:Oh, wait a sec. September 9 is Lions Tailgating at Eastern Market. My company is hosting big event over there for customers and I may be required to be there. I hope not, but most probably yes. Not cool.

1. I've heard of your beast ways on the DH bike. I'm going to make you ride with a flat tire just to slow you down a bit.

2. Bikes are 94% more fun than watching people drink miller lite and talk about "stats" and whatever else football people do when they waste a sunday.

+1 to all of the above... except I would put it more like 150% more fun than that.

Yeah, you're right. I would rather pay to watch a monkey *beep* a football than get paid to watch people tailgate.
300hp

Postby ArcticRobot » August 27th, 2012, 3:07 pm

300hp wrote:
mtbfree wrote:
300hp wrote:

Yeah, you're right. I would rather pay to watch a monkey *beep* a football than get paid to watch people tailgate.

2. I may actually work there documenting event on a photo/video camera. Really have no interest in watching sports/watching tailgaters, but will not refuse if company asks this of me.

1. My beastly ways on the DH bike are pretty slow and noobish on a proper DH course, but I ride XC on it as well. Have ridden it at PLRA for already a week now due to my main trail bike being fixed. :D
Either push yourself, or go back to island lake. (c) iamkickstand
ArcticRobot

Postby 300hp » September 3rd, 2012, 9:34 pm

START TIME: 2:00

START PLACE: ISLAND DRIVE dirt parking lot, A2MI

PLEASE BRINGS:
Camera/video/OMGBROGOPRO

*FRS radios! We really need these to ensure proper communication. Prefer the bigger contractor/ski patrol grade ones. Must have

*bevvies for after/snack for during.
300hp

Postby ColorVoyeur » September 4th, 2012, 9:42 pm

Any major climbing increase between stages this time? The worst I remember was the fireroad and I huffed and puffed up ok.
I might switch cogs if it's going to be much worse than that though.
ColorVoyeur

Postby 300hp » September 4th, 2012, 9:56 pm

Depends how many people show up. If we have less than 15 or so peeps, I'm going to make you mountain bike. If we have a big group, we'll be riding up what we ride down, so basically the same amount of climbing as before, but three of our stage transfers will be on singletrack this time.
300hp

Postby ArcticRobot » September 6th, 2012, 10:06 pm

If I make it, what bike is more suitable for the event: 140mm RZ140 or 190mm Pinn'R?
Also, fullface or not?
ArcticRobot

Postby Bcar » September 7th, 2012, 5:17 am

ArcticRobot wrote:If I make it, what bike is more suitable for the event: 140mm RZ140 or 190mm Pinn'R?
Also, fullface or not?

Hmmm...im in the same boat, 60mm soft-tail or full rigid SS... ;)
All depends on how hard you want to get after it. Don't think there is much that would warrant 190, but more is more!
A2 Local Loop TC
The Steeper the better...
If they call it Tourist Season, why can't we shoot them??
Bcar

Postby mtbfree » September 7th, 2012, 6:57 am

Bcar wrote:
ArcticRobot wrote:If I make it, what bike is more suitable for the event: 140mm RZ140 or 190mm Pinn'R?
Also, fullface or not?

All depends on how hard you want to get after it. Don't think there is much that would warrant 190, but more is more!

Yeah, I haven't quite decided if I should bring my all-mountain hardtail or my 180mm freeride bike. I'm leaning towards hardtail after pedaling the freeride bike around the whole thing in the springtime.
I'm just here to ride...

-'15 Transition Scout
-'15 Trek Session 88
mtbfree

Postby ArcticRobot » September 7th, 2012, 8:50 am

mtbfree wrote:
Bcar wrote:
Also, fullface or not?

Yeah, I haven't quite decided if I should bring my all-mountain hardtail or my 180mm freeride bike. I'm leaning towards hardtail after pedaling the freeride bike around the whole thing in the springtime.

If you bring your Dirtbag, I will bring my Pinn'r. It's all for fun, isn't it?)
ArcticRobot

Postby mtbfree » September 7th, 2012, 10:20 am

ArcticRobot wrote:
mtbfree wrote:
Bcar wrote:
Also, fullface or not?

If you bring your Dirtbag, I will bring my Pinn'r. It's all for fun, isn't it?)

Fair enough. Dirtbag it is :mrgreen:
As for the helmet question, I wouldn't bring a full face unless you're comfortable riding 3 to 4 miles of XC trails at a time with it on, or strapping it to your back and riding without a helmet between stages. I don't recommend either of those options, so I stick with my XC lid. I would recommend knee pads since there isn't that much XC riding between stages.
I'm just here to ride...

-'15 Transition Scout
-'15 Trek Session 88
mtbfree

Postby ColorVoyeur » September 7th, 2012, 11:01 am

Weather is looking prime for pinning on Sunday!
ColorVoyeur

Postby 300hp » September 7th, 2012, 1:38 pm

I NEED STOPWATCHES. BRING ME STOPWATCHES.

There is one stage where you might want a full face. That stage happens end in the parking area where you will have your car parked. So, bring the full face and knee pads. We will do that stage first or last (riders choice) the more xc pedally stages are linked together, so throw the xc lid on for that.

In regards to bike, the pinner is perfect for one stage, and overkill for the rest. I'm riding a 150mm trail bike, which works great. Now, I understand you are a freak pedaller, so bring the downhill bike just to slow yourself down a bit :)

Seriously though, any bike you want, save one with a double crown fork, will be fun in some places and not as fun in others. All part of the game.
300hp

PreviousNext

Return to Freeride