MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Rusty Bicycle/whatever in last mile.....

Postby KonaDub » July 1st, 2004, 8:27 am

I agree, the widening of the trial and removal of key trees in the trail has taken away some of the technical difficulty of the trails at Maybury. :cry:

I've been riding out at Maybury quite a bit this year and just recently noticed a rusted out steel bike of some sort in the last mile or so of the trial. It is on the right hand side of the trial as you enter mile 4 or so. Has this always been there? Should it be there? It seems like someone could clip that as they come around the corner and do some major damage to themselves? Any input?

Joe
JHOVA
Kona Kula '03
Felt F65 '05
KonaDub

Postby abbeytrails » July 1st, 2004, 10:34 am

I have been spending a decent amount of time at Maybury this summer and always remember seeing the rusted out bikes but I think they were off the trail quite a bit. I had a conversation the other day about how potentially dangerous those bikes are on that corner of the trail... But I passed it and didn't get off my butt to move the darn things so shame on me. Just doesn't seem all that safe! Oh well, better go get my tetanus shot just in case!

Is it friday yet?
abbeytrails

Postby Dirtdevil » July 2nd, 2004, 8:08 am

I've seen that bike there and I kinda like it. I'm guessing that it was placed there in view by a crew on a trailday, or at least it appears that way.

:twisted:
Dirtdevil

Postby abbeytrails » July 2nd, 2004, 9:13 am

Yes, I agree that it is kinda fun but I wouldn`t want to be the person to wipe out on that turn and have a rusty handlebar in my eye! haha...Man I am getting cranky in my old age!
abbeytrails

Postby Liquid » July 2nd, 2004, 3:54 pm

the old tri-cycle has been there for a loooong time, I just noticed the 2nd addition the other day as it seems someone moved the rusty icons out onto the trail, why? I dont know, but they should be scooted off the trail just a hair so someone that doesnt know about them wont fly into them as that is a very fast part of the trail. & I to am guilty of not stopping to move them, as it is one of the few places I can really grind out in the big gear.
Liquid

Postby KonaDub » July 12th, 2004, 8:23 pm

Rode the Trails this evening. The trails are very muddy and 75% of the trail is very greasy. I enjoyed the ride, but if you are not ready to get muddy then I would avoid for a couple days.
JHOVA
Kona Kula '03
Felt F65 '05
KonaDub

Postby hockeydaddy » July 12th, 2004, 10:12 pm

They are permenant fixtures!!!!!!! We had one hanging from a tree at the entrance of the new section we put in last year but someone took it :cry:
Some people are alive today simply because it's against the law to kill them.......
Mountain Biker

http://hockeydaddy.blogspot.com/

http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
hockeydaddy

Postby scat silvurz » July 12th, 2004, 10:44 pm

Is it a black men's ol school bike? No tires, just rims?
Five fingers, three chords, and one *beep*.....!
scat silvurz

Trail Conditions

Postby t0mmyboy83 » July 13th, 2004, 12:10 pm

I just got back from Maybury... It is still a little wet...but not too bad at all. There are some puddles that are avoidable if you want..but its really not worth it. I only found one slippery turn after a down hill and I managed to save it.

What is a good time for Maybury? I've ridden it a few times this summer and I really felt like I did pretty good today. What are some of your times for the trail?
t0mmyboy83

Postby Rage_against_the_trees » July 13th, 2004, 12:36 pm

I ran maybury last night. I came back pretty muddy. I was surprised to see the trail widened. was a good ride until my derailleur froze up in the last mile to two miles. i love riding after a rain, and i would agree, there was only one slippery turn.
bring on the timber, i'll go paul bunyan on the tree's (insert term of choice here), eh

2000 Schwinn Mesa GSX
Rage_against_the_trees

Postby Tauwolf » July 13th, 2004, 12:57 pm

I've heard a "good" time is 20-25 minutes, and I personally ride 30-33 minute loops.
Tauwolf

Postby Liquid » July 13th, 2004, 4:28 pm

26.23 min is my personal best time at maybury
Liquid

Postby abbeytrails » July 14th, 2004, 7:59 am

I rode Maybury last night as well and agree that the trail was fairly packed down with a few good muddy spots. My bike and I needed a shower after the trip. My personal best on this trail is 24.5 FYI and I doubt I could ever do that again... :D
abbeytrails

Postby hockeydaddy » July 14th, 2004, 10:03 pm

scat silvurz wrote:Is it a black men's ol school bike? No tires, just rims?

FoSho my dizzle!!! It be the hooptie sitting on the cinder blocks :roll:
Some people are alive today simply because it's against the law to kill them.......
Mountain Biker

hockeydaddy

Postby hockeydaddy » July 14th, 2004, 10:05 pm

bsobb wrote:I've heard a "good" time is 20-25 minutes, and I personally ride 30-33 minute loops.

No, a good time is 867-5309 :wink:
Mountain Biker

hockeydaddy

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions