MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby Tauwolf » July 14th, 2004, 10:36 pm

Rode Maybury this evening. It's in good shape, just know that your bike (and you!) will need a good cleaning afterwards. A couple dozen water puddles will keep you on your toes.

If we don't get any rain for 3-4 days this course will be in wonderful shape.
Tauwolf

Postby Liquid » July 15th, 2004, 8:49 pm

hockeydaddy wrote:
bsobb wrote:I've heard a "good" time is 20-25 minutes, and I personally ride 30-33 minute loops.

No, a good time is 867-5309 :wink:
whats the area code on that?
Liquid

Postby hockeydaddy » July 15th, 2004, 9:34 pm

Hey Lee are you going to the ILRA bike Mat class Sat???
Some people are alive today simply because it's against the law to kill them.......
Mountain Biker

http://hockeydaddy.blogspot.com/

http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
hockeydaddy

Postby Liquid » July 16th, 2004, 9:39 pm

hockeydaddy wrote:666.

Hey Lee are you going to the ILRA bike Mat class Sat???
what time????? I am going to be there. I'll try to find the post, & figure out what time since you may not see this till its to late.
Liquid

some new drainage...

Postby Sherpaboy » July 24th, 2004, 8:16 am

Hey everyone I spent the better part of 2 hours on Frinday fixing some of the bad drainage problems. I have broken the burm to allow water to flow downhill...I also added some rocks to the deepest puddle area (areas are just before the old trailhead).

Please do me a favor, do not remove the rocks...I put some in s a strategic place to force riders to use the main trail (which is now dry). and will be back out there next week to finish some more of this project. Anyone interested in learning how to break down a burm and fix a problems drainage area is welcome to join...bring a shovel :lol:

Mike
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Postby K2Beast » July 24th, 2004, 9:42 am

Warning: Trail Dumbing Rant...
:evil: Who's the idiot removing the trees :?: :!:

:evil: I donated blood on most of the ones that were recently removed... it was totally unneccessary... :roll: those trees were key to keeping the trail interesting and challenging... DUMB DUMB DUMB :!: :evil:

:evil: Rant off... :roll:
Adam aka K2Beast (FR/DH/XC) .__ :twisted:
GT Zaskar (rigid) - - - - - - - - - \ <
Azonic DS1 (SS/rigid) - - - - (( )) (( ))
Yeti AS-X (DH/Freeride) -------------
Surly 1x1 (SS/rigid)
Diamondback Drifter
K2Beast

Yea...

Postby Sherpaboy » July 24th, 2004, 1:35 pm

Yea Jon Heft and I noticed the missing trees a few weeks ago....It seems the Novi Tree Thief has moved to Maybury - Jack Hole!

None of the trees that were just removed were neccassary to move...NONE. Whoever the jack A ss is that is "pruning" their own race course STOP IT! - learn to ride first.
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Postby hockeydaddy » July 24th, 2004, 10:50 pm

I said the same thing when they were first cut and someone suggested it was the DNR to keep it a begginers trail. :roll:
Some people are alive today simply because it's against the law to kill them.......
Mountain Biker

http://hockeydaddy.blogspot.com/

http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
hockeydaddy

Postby K2Beast » July 25th, 2004, 2:09 am

hockeydaddy wrote:I said the same thing when they were first cut and someone suggested it was the DNR to keep it a begginers trail. :roll:

8) Thanks for the heads up Mike... There is also a shortcut that has been re-opened through one of the "slow it down" switchbacks that needs to be blocked off... It is right before you come to a road toward the "old end" (from the Beck parking lot) of the trail...

:shock: I sure hope it wasn't the DNR... :? It is still "Department of Natural Resources" not "Destroyer of Natural Resources" right :?: They would have notified someone of their activities right :?: :!: :? So I have to assume this is definitely not DNR or MMBA "maintenance" :?: Is there any intent on making the trail "quad accessible" :?: Are there any safety concerns with a tight trail :?: Slower speeds with a tighter trail is still a good thing right :?:
:arrow: Note to Tree Theif: :evil: If I find someone doing dumbing down bandit trail work of this nature, I hope for their sake there is someone around to stop me from removing their limbs with their cutting device before making it their newest hemorrhoid without the use of KY jelly... :evil: LEARN TO RIDE :!: Reducing the difficulty of every trail to the lowest common denominator is only good for that one rider... Making this trail a race course is going to cause serious collisions with trail users...

:? I guess sub 20 minute laps are my only challenge at Maybury now... :shock: LOOK OUT :!: :shock:
Surly 1x1 (SS/rigid)
Diamondback Drifter
K2Beast

Postby Sherpaboy » July 25th, 2004, 9:49 am

So I have to assume this is definitely not DNR or MMBA "maintenance"
Not us and I talked to Roidger Dodger who said he hasn't even been on the trail since the new section was put in. So more than likely it is some jack hole...

There is also a shortcut that has been re-opened through one of the "slow it down" switchbacks that needs to be blocked off
Yea I saw that one as well as the one leading to the small bridge...I am going to see about re-working the road crossing area because it is becoming a highway with the short cut and downed trees.
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Low hanging tree

Postby marinman » July 30th, 2004, 8:11 am

I think the tree at the end of the .5 mi extension (towards the end of the trail) has shifted a little. It seems to be hanging down a little more. I tagged it pretty good yesterday (more like I donated a kidney to it)...

Does the DNR do this type of work? I think it's too large to move off the trail - it probably should be cut.

mm
marinman

Postby Rage_against_the_trees » July 30th, 2004, 9:18 am

I noticed that tree last night too, it down alot furter thatn before. I needs to come down.
bring on the timber, i'll go paul bunyan on the tree's (insert term of choice here), eh

2000 Schwinn Mesa GSX
Rage_against_the_trees

Postby Dirtdevil » July 30th, 2004, 11:59 am

*beep*, leave it there, it's the only challenging part of the trail!! 8)

:twisted:
Dirtdevil

Postby K2Beast » July 30th, 2004, 12:14 pm

Dirtdevil wrote:*beep*, leave it there, it's the only challenging part of the trail!! 8)

:twisted:

:lol: :lol:
:twisted: Let it ROT :!:
Surly 1x1 (SS/rigid)
Diamondback Drifter
K2Beast

Postby CM » July 30th, 2004, 12:36 pm

If it gets too much lower, we'll all be doing the limbo under it. That's one challenge I can do without. Couldn't do it well it my "yout" and I certainly can't do it well now.
CM

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions