NMMBA: Arcadia Dunes

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: NMMBA: Arcadia Dunes

Postby Shirlzz » August 23rd, 2016, 7:30 am

Yep - I went, too. Perfect! Seems like Arcadia does very well with rain unlike our trails in Chicago.
Shirlzz

Rode Arcadia Dunes on 8/31/17

Postby mpaquette70 » September 5th, 2017, 9:38 am

Finally made it to Arcadia Dunes! I have not ridden much this year and this trail certainly tested me but was well worth the heart-pounding climbs and sore legs. Great flow to this trail.
2014 Trek 3700 Disc
1994 Trek 820
mpaquette70

Postby Steve_Balogh » September 15th, 2019, 7:34 pm

Considering the rain that fell last night the Dunes was is fantastic shape today. Yesterday I rode Lake Anne and noticed a little more mud than usual, which up here doesn’t amount to much of anything with the sandy soil up here. In comparison Arcadia drains better than a few trails and seasonal roads near me. So this will be my top choice after a hard rain. Rather humid conditions, reminded me a bit of a typical ride downstate. Didn’t need to wait a bit to ride, should have just left earlier. Still learning new riding habits living up here.
Steve_Balogh

Postby Steve_Balogh » October 13th, 2019, 1:49 pm

The big loop had quite a few downed trees which will need a chainsaw to clear. Myself and a few other people removed some light deadfall blocking the trail. At 7.4 miles going clockwise is a huge branch embedded into the center of the trail: looks like a tree grew there, but look to the left and another tree has been damaged and will eventually break and come down.
Steve_Balogh

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions