LMAFO!! :lol: :lol:
Paul McAllister
Clinton River Park Trail Co-Trail Coordintator
Mack

Location: 42° 34' 49' N ~ 83° 1' 49' W Weekends 44° 46' 57' N ~ 85° 1' 14' W

Re: CRAMBA: Stony Creek Skills Park

Postby urbaindk » March 28th, 2013, 6:27 pm

3/28/2013 UPDATE

The news you have been waiting to hear: The skills park is very close to rideable.

Here's the breakdown:

1. After spending about 1.5 hrs of repairs tonight, the pumptrack is fully operational. It's a little soft/slow but you won't hurt it by riding on it. Actually riding on it will help pack down the frost heave. So yeah ride it.

2. The back jump line isn't quite there yet. The jumps need some TLC and the sections between the jumps needs to dry a little more. The last berm before the wood is very wet. Maybe by Saturday / Sunday they should be good especially if you are willing to put in some shovel time (rumor has it a few fine folks will be out tomorrow evening to do said work).

3. The big jumps after the wood structure aren't going to be rideable without a lot of work. Don't bother. Thanks Hikers, you guys rock! NOT.

4. The slalom track needs more time to dry. Some of the berms need love and sunshine. The jumps look OK. It might be rideable by Sat/Sun. So there you go.

Spring is here! Ride on.
urbaindk

Postby urbaindk » April 3rd, 2013, 3:49 pm

Things are looking really good at the Skills Park this week. Most of the jump line has been repaired or is being repaired. The pumptrack is good. The slalom track is rideable, but needs pretty major repairs, which will be happening at our workday April 14. Come on out and get some dirt under your tires. You know you want it. Oh yeah!
urbaindk

Postby urbaindk » July 24th, 2013, 10:17 pm

"On behalf of IMBA and Fox Racing Shox, it is my pleasure to award an IMBA/Fox Bike Park and Pump Track Grant of $1,000 to the Clinton River Area Mountain Bike Association Chapter of the International Mountain Biking Association. This grant is awarded on the recommendation of Regional Director Andy Williamson and the IMBA staff."

Construction as PK noted above started yesterday.
urbaindk

Postby urbaindk » July 20th, 2014, 12:14 am

urbaindk

Postby PK » June 5th, 2018, 6:15 pm

The pump track and the dual slalom track got trimmed today.
Enjoy.

Pete
PK

Postby JahkneeFive » August 13th, 2018, 12:52 pm

Took my kids out on saturday for their first offroad/pump track ride. I think I now have 2 addicts lol. Kids did nothing but ride the circuit at the end of the jumps all morning non-stop. On that note its probably time to get a group together for some trimming. Majority of the obstacles and track is overgrown again. Pending the outcome of my shoulder mri this week I'm more than happy to get out after work one day during the week to tackle for a few hours(for a few cramba stickers cough). A few weedeaters and and a blower or two should make quick work of it. Main 'gate start' track could probably use a good raking as well.
JahkneeFive

Postby PK » August 14th, 2018, 5:54 am

You are right about the trimming.
I've been thinking about getting out there soon.
Thursday this week looks to be too wet for riding, I'll try to get out there after work with my line trimmer.
If it works out, I should be there a little after 4:00PM.
Pete
PK

Postby JahkneeFive » August 15th, 2018, 1:14 pm

Let me see if I can come out and help being as I'm the one who complained. Have my MIL coming in, but I can probably sneak out there for a bit after work around 5:30-45ish. I'll have a definite tomorrow morning. Assuming I can get out there I'll bring a trimmer and a blower. Doesnt look like a push mower would be much good.
JahkneeFive

Postby JahkneeFive » August 16th, 2018, 9:12 am

looks like rain all afternoon. If you are free I think I'll take the kids out Saturday and do some trimming while their puttering around the track.
JahkneeFive

Postby PK » August 16th, 2018, 10:35 am

Highly unlikely that I'll be there on Saturday.
I'm going today as planned.
As long as it's not a thunderstorm or heavy downpour, I plan to trim in the rain.
(I kinda prefer it that way, keeps the dust down.)

Trimming there by anyone, anytime is always encouraged.

Thanks.
Pete.
PK

Postby JahkneeFive » August 16th, 2018, 1:15 pm

ok well don't feel obligated to get anything done, whatever you don't get to I'll more than likely be able to do on Saturday. Can't ride with my should anyways so might as well be useful while the kids ride.
JahkneeFive

Postby PK » August 16th, 2018, 5:21 pm

I trimmed the entire dual slalom track today.
Did a little hacking-back on the bushes up near and around the top of the jump line.
most all of the pump track needs a good trim.

Pete.
PK

Postby JahkneeFive » August 17th, 2018, 7:46 am

ok I'll hit it tomorrow then. I just looked at the topo and I didnt even realize there was a raised 90 degree balance platform and a triple drop/jump section back there. Geez looks like that place may need some bushhogging as well. I'll clean up the pump track and then try to tackle the above obstacles if I have time.
JahkneeFive

Next

Return to Trail Conditions