CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: River Bends

Postby wrob » August 4th, 2018, 2:16 pm

I'll check with Jer, i did wet it down,i have four 5 gal. lidded pails& a pump sprayer with a garden hose. I can
drive close enough to cart the cement & water there.maybe i can try it some weekday with low traffic on the
trail. I'd like to keep that hillclimb if at all possible.
wrob

Postby wrob » August 30th, 2018, 12:56 pm

I worked on the C.K. loop today and cut out a whole bunch of those little woody tire pokers, it's being ridden
in nicely,could use some precip, that area just sucks up the water with that deep topsoil & extensive root
structure, go ride it, it's great & more to come!
wrob

Postby c0nsumer » August 30th, 2018, 2:29 pm

wrob wrote:I worked on the C.K. loop today and cut out a whole bunch of those little woody tire pokers, it's being ridden
in nicely,could use some precip, that area just sucks up the water with that deep topsoil & extensive root
structure, go ride it, it's great & more to come!

Thanks a ton Rob!

There's some corners which need serious tweaking, but I'm hoping to get to them soon (if you don't). Mostly just taking out the 90-degree 8' radius corners and making them roll like everything before and after. One is just before the big culvert we put in, the second is just before the small garden area across the tracks from a house.

(For the first I the trail either needs to swing left before turning right, or cut off the corner to the right so it's a straighter shot into the short/steep rise. For the second I think the first left hand 180 degree turn needs to be eliminated, so you go straight into the gap between the two large trees. These are things I hope to work within the next two weeks, for what it's worth. :))
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby c0nsumer » August 31st, 2018, 9:30 am

Rode at RB this morning; really nice tweaks to the CK Canal Loop, Rob! A lot of the arm-grabbing brush is gone from the apex of corners and a lot of the chattery little pokey crap is gone. It was much nicer. :D
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby wrob » August 31st, 2018, 5:52 pm

I'm available to work when a decision is made on those turns and i'm sure other riders will help out too.
cool temps would be nice but we'll get it done whatever the weather! volunteers have come out in 90 degree
heat & cold blowing snow! we always get great crews on a trail day!
wrob

Postby c0nsumer » September 1st, 2018, 4:10 pm

Fixed up one of the two corners in the C-K Canal Loop (the one before the neighborhood garden). Then the rain started. I'll get the other another day.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

c0nsumer

Postby jreyst » September 1st, 2018, 4:11 pm

I was considering coming over after the rain stops (pretty much done here in Royal Oak now) to see how muddy it got. With how dry it's been I was gambling it might be ok still.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2016 Giant Trance 3
Winter: 2018 Specialized Fatboy
Backup: 2007 Giant Trance I
jreyst

Postby c0nsumer » September 1st, 2018, 4:12 pm

It rained a LOT. But I wouldn't be surprised if around sundown it's not bad. I also wouldn't be surprised if you end up with a bunch of wet sand sprayed all over your bike. (At the intersection of 22 and Schoenherr there was 4" standing over the storm drains.)
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

c0nsumer

Postby wrob » September 2nd, 2018, 1:36 pm

R.B. & CRPT both in good shape after the rain, tree down at R.B. btwn #11 and #12, C.K. loop much
better after c0nsumer tweaked those 2 corners, also sign posts added with arrows are up.more curved
decking added at CRPT thx to Phil. & Ed and of course a generous donor.
wrob

Postby c0nsumer » September 2nd, 2018, 2:40 pm

Thanks Rob! How large is that tree?
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

c0nsumer

Postby wrob » September 2nd, 2018, 3:00 pm

C0nsumer: i'd say 6 to 8 inch diameter, one cut & a drag might do it, it's kinda long across the top of the canal ridge.
wrob

Postby wrob » September 4th, 2018, 11:11 am

R. B. and CRPT all clear, good to ride after yesterday afternoon rain.
I snapped off some of those faceslapper phragmites from under the
powerlines last week.
wrob

Postby wrob » September 11th, 2018, 3:12 pm

R.B. and CRPT all clear and okay to ride.
wrob

Postby wrob » September 21st, 2018, 2:09 pm

It was clear to ride at noon, no mud & no trees down at that time,i heard one blow down behind me, off
the trail i hope, we kept going because of the rain threat ( that never came), strong winds continue so be
advised if you ride today.
wrob

Postby wrob » September 24th, 2018, 11:33 am

Tree down btwn #1 & the MUT crossing...8 inches in diameter... one cut might be enough to move it..
I retrieved the 'NEW TRAIL" sign from the canal and put it back up...CRPT all clear at noon, no rain yet.
wrob

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions