CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: River Bends

Postby wrob » October 3rd, 2018, 10:16 am

A little greasy but ok to ride, CRPT the same, tree down ( can be walked over) on the C.K. loop northbound
between U.H.S and "LITTLE MAC".chainsaw needed.
wrob

Postby Brenton » October 10th, 2018, 4:28 pm

Surprised by all the rain we had but the Trail was in perfect condition no puddles or mud whatsoever.
MOUNTAIN BIKING...because other sports require only one ball
Brenton

Postby PK » October 16th, 2018, 6:12 pm

Nice. Real nice this afternoon...
Pete
PK

Postby c0nsumer » October 16th, 2018, 9:02 pm

PK wrote:Nice. Real nice this afternoon...
Pete

Agreed. Tip top.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Trance » October 18th, 2018, 2:05 pm

c0nsumer wrote:
PK wrote:Nice. Real nice this afternoon...
Pete

Agreed. Tip top.

WOW, you guys aren't kidding. Really nice, super dry, no mud at all. Rode all singletrack this afternoon. I checked out that CK Loop for the first time too. Nice addition! Riverbends is not the toughest trail around by any means, but it's close for me and it's definitely a fun trail to crank out. Thumbs up to those who do all the work to keep this one maintained!
Trance

Postby Brenton » November 8th, 2018, 2:56 pm

Good to go as of 3 p.m.
MOUNTAIN BIKING...because other sports require only one ball
Brenton

Postby jreyst » November 9th, 2018, 6:21 pm

Just walked trail from TH to almost marker 7. While the trail is certainly wet it's not soft and evidence of earlier riders left no ruts nor did my heavy boots. Unless something drastic happens between now (6:20 pm Friday 11/9) and tomorrow, I'd be fine riding it not worrying about doing any real damage.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2016 Giant Trance 3
Winter: 2018 Specialized Fatboy
Backup: 2007 Giant Trance I
jreyst

Postby PK » November 25th, 2018, 12:18 pm

Surprisingly firm out there this AM. We hiked a bunch of trail and even the normally wet spots were just a little soft. We didn't see ruts, just a few knobby tracks.
Pete
PK

Postby madmike23 » December 6th, 2018, 3:59 pm

Riverbends is in good shape. It is frozen in the morning and evening. Today the temp just crossed above freezing mid ride. The trail got soft in few areas. Some of corners are slippery when they are covered with wet leaves and the ground thaws.
madmike23

Postby wrob » January 26th, 2019, 2:30 pm

Powder over ice, i had a Great ride. Mastodon fork nice&smooth , studded Gnarwhals at 2.5 psi grippy.
The "Golden Gate" bridge & the approach's to it are really nicely done! I knew it before but winter riding.
conditions really confirms the importance of good planning & execution for a project like that. Thanks
Everyone!
wrob

Postby ed van slambrouck » January 29th, 2019, 3:04 pm

wrob wrote: The "Golden Gate" bridge & the approach's to it are really nicely done!

Careful of the canal bridges there is no wire cloth mesh on the wood. I lost it going into "little sexy" bridge. My fault my angle was wrong for the slick wood.

Ed
ed van slambrouck

Postby wrob » January 29th, 2019, 4:58 pm

Beautifully groomed, powdery in spots, mostly on the blue, low tire pressure works best,
Green 2 track part of the SBR is fast, bundle up! Have a great ride!
wrob

Postby wrob » February 1st, 2019, 7:46 pm

I rode today, it's in great shape for Ay CRAMBA , thanks to the grooming & the riders before me, the SBR is
super rideable & the MTB trail from # 2 to #6 is powdery but rideable, i cleared the plow over snow from the
BLUE next to the MUT to make it rideable. Newbies come on out! the BTT & the CK loop are very beginner
friendly! see you all there.
wrob

Postby wrob » February 2nd, 2019, 1:53 am

OOPS! I forgot something.....BEWARE...ice rink at the bottom of "Steep Grade Loose Gravel" after
the first MUT crossing for those riding the MTB trail.( not part of the SBR but doable).
wrob

Postby wrob » February 16th, 2019, 7:02 pm

It's icy, bumpy, and rutted in spots, perfect conditions for a hardtail fatbike with studs running low
tire pressure.i had a blast & i'm old & slow.i saw only one other rider & i was really surprised because
Riverbends is a very rideable trail even with these conditions , IMO it's SE Michigan , and studs are
needed if you want to ride on a regular basis with daily & hourly changing trail conditions. Also the
hillclimbs were all doable with studs, the "dragstrip" was icy but not rutted, and i had no problems on
the big "Whoop De Doo" MUT crossing.there's lot's of refrozen slush ruts on the CK & the BTT but just
roll thru, know your limits & enjoy being out! Sorry for the long post here, but i just love Riverbends
and it's going to get better!
wrob

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions