CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: River Bends

Postby Brenton » May 10th, 2019, 6:31 pm

Avoid like the plague. Complete mud bath.
MOUNTAIN BIKING...because other sports require only one ball
Brenton

Postby JahkneeFive » June 3rd, 2019, 11:32 am

any updates on the mud situation? Was thinking about popping over there today after work for a quickie.
JahkneeFive

Postby c0nsumer » June 3rd, 2019, 12:32 pm

JahkneeFive wrote:any updates on the mud situation? Was thinking about popping over there today after work for a quickie.

Not ready. Head to Stony instead.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby jreyst » June 3rd, 2019, 12:57 pm

I'm heading to RB this afternoon to do more cleanup and bringing loppers. I'll give an update later when I can.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2016 Giant Trance 3
Winter: 2018 Specialized Fatboy
Backup: 2007 Giant Trance I
jreyst

Postby c0nsumer » June 3rd, 2019, 1:27 pm

FWIW, I only looked into a couple trails as I rode by on the pavement about 6pm last night. But those didn't look good. (I didn't even check the notorious problem spots.)

Thanks for doing that work, John!
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby jreyst » June 8th, 2019, 9:51 pm

FYI The Drag Strip is tore all to *beep* and should be avoided by fat or skinny until it can be fixed. The first muddy section has foot-deep criss-crossing ruts that are now solid and dry. Some serious reconstruction needs to be done in several parts of that section. I blocked it off a couple days ago so it might dry and have less traffic but today all the blockages I had placed were kicked aside or rolled down the hill and replaced with massive new ruts.
--
John Reyst
jreyst

Postby rawkstar320 » June 9th, 2019, 6:56 am

Wtf. I noticed the logs were gone yesterday when I hiked the trails, just figured it had dried enough.

People are crazy. Not that it would 100% solve the problem, but what are the politics involved with getting "Trail closed to mountain biking" signs?
rawkstar320

Postby c0nsumer » June 9th, 2019, 7:03 am

jreyst wrote:FYI The Drag Strip is tore all to *beep* and should be avoided by fat or skinny until it can be fixed. The first muddy section has foot-deep criss-crossing ruts that are now solid and dry. Some serious reconstruction needs to be done in several parts of that section. I blocked it off a couple days ago so it might dry and have less traffic but today all the blockages I had placed were kicked aside or rolled down the hill and replaced with massive new ruts.

...and now people are understanding why The Dragstrip Bypass was built. ;)
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

c0nsumer

Postby wrob » June 11th, 2019, 11:25 am

There's mud & water in spots from the T.H. to #2, also on the BTT after #13,the rest
of the trail is ok, i think we should continue riding fat for now,the south section of
Phase 3 is packing in nicely from fat bike traffic, getting better every lap.
wrob

Postby Brenton » June 19th, 2019, 11:39 am

Just got done riding around noon. Trail is actually in very decent shape. Lot of trail work has been done lately I would avoid Nessie all the way to marker 14. Too many greasy spots probably good for a fat bike though.
MOUNTAIN BIKING...because other sports require only one ball
Brenton

Postby jreyst » June 20th, 2019, 9:46 am

The rock garden area in the first section is thick black muck.

The drag strip has standing water and thick muck, as well as a 12-14" tree down at the end of it.

BTT is a mess in the usual spots.
--
John Reyst
jreyst

Postby wrob » June 21st, 2019, 10:21 am

I'm riding fat, i skipped the T.H. to #2 , and used the green 2 track, same thing after #13, you can also ride 2 laps on the CK, that's almost 6 miles, it's high ground and
dry, and you'll help pack in Phase 3., have a "dry" ride!
wrob

Postby Trance » July 1st, 2019, 7:57 am

Double lapped all singletrack yesterday. Its in decent shape. It's all dry now, but you can certainly tell where it was muddy. Few big ol' ruts, but I also saw lots of trailwork that has held up nicely, so there is that. Fun loop to rip every now and again.

Get out and ride!
Trance

Postby JahkneeFive » July 15th, 2019, 3:40 pm

Had a blast out there this past Friday. Little on the sandy side the first part of the yellow loop, but otherwise all routes were in excellent shape. Kudos to the crew for building up those nice gravel areas with drainage provisions. I did pull a few small thorns out of my rear tire from riding the red loop section under the powerlines, so tube runners be ware.

Whomever designed that right hand chute/cut back for the bridgeis an evil evil person.... As a subpar rider my choices seem to be either smash square into the post or take the safer choice and go for a swim lol
JahkneeFive

Postby c0nsumer » July 15th, 2019, 6:13 pm

JahkneeFive wrote:Whomever designed that right hand chute/cut back for the bridgeis an evil evil person.... As a subpar rider my choices seem to be either smash square into the post or take the safer choice and go for a swim lol

That's... not part of the trail, nor will it be. That's part of the old high school running path, which'll stay open as their cross country team uses it. It'd be a LOT more ridable if those posts weren't there, though...
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

c0nsumer

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions