Poto: Rolling Hills Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Rolling Hills Park

Postby mpaquette70 » July 8th, 2019, 9:47 am

Rode on 7/6/19. Came in from the corner of Bemis & Stony Creek. The Bemis Connector has not been mowed for quite some time. Trail was in good shape until the West Meadow Loop which needs mowing in the areas that see daylight. The only mud I ran into was on the Munger Mounds and the usual puddle or two near the apple tree. I did not ride the North Meadow Loop. Overall the trail was tacky in the shaded areas and dry in the sunny areas. Was having a good ride until my rear sprocket sucked up a stick and mangled my rear derailleur to the point where I could not ride the bike. The stick broke the rear derailleur off its mount and also bent a spoke. This happened between the MTB Trail Head and the exit back to the Bemis Connector. Bike is in the shop for repair now.
2014 Trek 3700 Disc
1994 Trek 820
mpaquette70

Re: Poto: Rolling Hills Park

Postby mpaquette70 » September 21st, 2019, 2:34 pm

Rode on 9/20/19. Tree down in the section by disc golf. I tried to drop a pin on Strava to mark the location but it didn’t work. Will need a chain saw to remove it. There is also a dead leaner on the new section in the woods by the soccer fields. You can ride under it.
2014 Trek 3700 Disc
1994 Trek 820
mpaquette70

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions