Marquette Mountain Enduro

All forms of off road bicycle racing and competition MMBA CPS race info

Marquette Mountain Enduro

Postby Burb » September 1st, 2019, 9:18 pm

I’m interested in the enduro - but have never done one. Their site doesn’t explain much about it.

Is it a good one for a first time enduro racer?

Where can you stay nearby?

Rules or specific needs?

If you’ve done the race ... did you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Burb

Re: Marquette Mountain Enduro

Postby ryguy79 » September 9th, 2019, 12:01 pm

Just do it. It's fun. Camping (or cabins) at Rippling River is convenient. Practically right at the trailhead. The enduro is fun and a pretty chill way to get into racing. I've raced there a few times and its definitely worth going a day early and checking out the stages so you're not going totally blind if you're not that familiar with the trails.
ryguy79

Postby kaysee » September 11th, 2019, 7:28 am

As stated, the cabins right are right there and brand new. Any Air BnB in downtown is less than 10 mins away.

I’d just spend a little time learning the course map or doing a practice run. I did the one at trail fest this year. With the pipeline work they are doing, it could be hard to find the entrance to the benson grade climb at first.

I got turned around trying to get to the top of mount Marquette the first time as well. (Its a normal dirt road to the top FYI). Those trails put you on the back side of Mt Marquette, so you will probably want to take some single track back to the start or you will have a longer ride on the road. I’d also recommend doing those runs last because of this. The other trails typically let you out right in the middle of everything, so going from one to the next is easy.

kaysee

Postby c0nsumer » September 11th, 2019, 7:34 am

kaysee wrote:I’d just spend a little time learning the course map or doing a practice run. I did the one at trail fest this year. With the pipeline work they are doing, it could be hard to find the entrance to the benson grade climb at first.

FWIW, this is sealed up and done. No more issue there. Just follow the signs.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Burb » September 15th, 2019, 6:04 pm

Thanks for the info. My buddy and I are both in for our first time. Hoping to make it up there Friday during the day to pre ride.

Burb

Postby c0nsumer » September 15th, 2019, 6:55 pm

Is the Enduro really this weekend? Same time as Marji?
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby crustaceous_flora » September 15th, 2019, 11:20 pm

The Enduro is on October 5th :)
crustaceous_flora

Return to Racing