Frame bags

Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

Frame bags

Postby vas » September 14th, 2019, 4:15 pm

Heading out to Moab !! Really want to avoid a backpack. Anyone has experience with frame bags? Are they secure or do the flop around? Do they scratch carbon frame? Any recommendations? Thanks!
vas

Re: Frame bags

Postby DynoDon » September 14th, 2019, 5:22 pm

I have the Specialized Burra Burra Framepack large, my bike is steel, if I were conserned about scratches on carbon I would put down some helicopter tape or something simular first.. my bag seems bottomless, I just keep stuffing stuff in there, lots of compartments, well built, they make 3 sizes, well thats what they had in 2017 when I got the bike/bag..
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon

Re: Frame bags

Postby msugma » September 16th, 2019, 5:57 am

I'm a big fan of frame bags. I keep a revelate designs tangle half frame bag on my fat bike pretty much full time. It leaves enough room in the frame for bottle cages so no hydration pack necessary. The tangle is super versatile too. Would work on just about any hard tail, road bike, gravel bike,.....

I use a frame bag on my full suspension bike when bikepacking...but it takes up my full from triangle so I still end up using my hydration pack in that situation.

All frame bags I've tried have been very stable.
msugma

Return to General