Snowshoe WV Sept 6-9, UCI World Cup Final races of 2019

Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

Re: Snowshoe WV Sept 6-9, UCI World Cup Final races of 2019

Postby santaclausersolo » September 20th, 2019, 11:12 am

mtbfree wrote:
santaclausersolo wrote:
mtbfree wrote:
DynoDon wrote:I hope Dorian don't show up in Snowshoe... dry races would be nice......

It's Snowshoe, so regardless of what the forecast looks like, there's approximately 0.5% chance it will be dry all weekend... even without Dorian's influence. In order for a completely dry weekend at Snowshoe to occur, there must be perfect alignment of all planets in our solar system along with all of the chakra's of the Snowshoe trail-building crew, during a third-quarter waning moon while mercury is in retrograde.

I predict a pop-up thunderstorm will put an asterisk on the results sheet of at least one event this weekend :wink:

Blasphemy, some of the best weekends ever down there had not a drop of rain (though there were still plenty of muddy spots on the trails :lol: )

Shortly after I posted that, they got an unexpected rain-storm right before the first day of DH practice :wink:
I'll grant you that it didn't affect the outcome of the race, but I knew it would rain sometime during the weekend, haha.

The way Dorian was tracking I Can't believe they didn't get pummeled at SS given her history of mud and rain.

Would have been awesome to see them come through the wild zone in the wet like we did a few years back.

Some may crucify me for saying this, but having ridden both world cup tracks on US soil (granted I didn't ride all of Snowshoe's newest changes, but those weren't gnarly, they were just jumps and such) I will actually say that I'd rather race the SS track then the Windham track.

The SS track is longer, more physically demanding, and the rock garden from Wild zone to roberto's rock (and the couple yards past that) are brutal.

The windham track, from the start gate, to the rock garden 2/3rds of the way down, was far more terrifying. From the rock garden to the bottom of windham was/is a cake walk in comparison. But that top 2/3rds....no thanks, I almost ended up declining to conduct my race run!
santaclausersolo

Postby mtbfree » September 20th, 2019, 11:48 am

santaclausersolo wrote:The way Dorian was tracking I Can't believe they didn't get pummeled at SS given her history of mud and rain.

Would have been awesome to see them come through the wild zone in the wet like we did a few years back.

Some may crucify me for saying this, but having ridden both world cup tracks on US soil (granted I didn't ride all of Snowshoe's newest changes, but those weren't gnarly, they were just jumps and such) I will actually say that I'd rather race the SS track then the Windham track.

The SS track is longer, more physically demanding, and the rock garden from Wild zone to roberto's rock (and the couple yards past that) are brutal.

The windham track, from the start gate, to the rock garden 2/3rds of the way down, was far more terrifying. From the rock garden to the bottom of windham was/is a cake walk in comparison. But that top 2/3rds....no thanks, I almost ended up declining to conduct my race run!

I remember how crazy fast the Windham track was in person, glad I didn't have to race that. I also agree it would've been fun to watch them ride Snowshoe in the rain, but it was incredible enough just to see how much speed the top WC pros could carry through the rock gardens... particularly the flatter portions where it's so tough to maintain any momentum.
I'm just here to ride...

-'15 Transition Scout
-'15 Trek Session 88
-'04 Santa Cruz Chameleon
mtbfree

Postby santaclausersolo » September 25th, 2019, 2:53 pm

The way they go through the rocks isn’t even fair.

I was happy to see how slow Danny hart took the super chunky section between Roberto’s rock and the ski run. It made me feel sorta better about myself.
santaclausersolo

Previous

Return to General