CRAMBA: Holdridge

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Holdridge

Postby crustaceous_flora » August 28th, 2019, 9:25 pm

Rode everything today, all good. I swear, this might be the funnest place to ride in SE MI. Gruber's owns my soul. This system has everything.
crustaceous_flora

Postby DynoDon » February 11th, 2020, 5:52 pm

The Wilderness Trail is awesome, its on the east side of I75, paved parking at Groveland Township hall with the trail starting just behind the building, the main loop is just under 5 miles long, then there is plenty of other trails, I got lost, but still ended up doing 3 laps of the main trail, lots of flow, good downhills, some postholes, but the hikers/runners are everywhere, it was pretty smooth today, good amount of snow too. I was flopping around in it like a fish out of water, LOL.. fun trail. I like it counter clockwise best, maybe cuz' I got lost the other way, but it seemed to have more flow/more long downhills counter clockwise..
Groveland Township Hall
4695 Grange Hall Rd
Holly, MI 48442
United States
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon

Postby crustaceous_flora » April 6th, 2020, 9:55 pm

Orchard was trashed on Friday, North Loop somewhat as well, but not as bad. Everything else was good to go. This is quite possibly the most fun place to ride in SE MI. West/Tech/Lake and full East loop are straight bangers.
crustaceous_flora

Postby flamingo » April 7th, 2020, 8:00 pm

crustaceous_flora wrote:Orchard was trashed on Friday, North Loop somewhat as well, but not as bad. Everything else was good to go. This is quite possibly the most fun place to ride in SE MI. West/Tech/Lake and full East loop are straight bangers.

Sounds like somebody else has discovered that Holdridge is a primo trail network second only to Highland. :D
Let's make 26ers great again!
flamingo

Postby crustaceous_flora » April 8th, 2020, 1:27 am

Oh I've known about it. The only reason I don't rank it above Highland is because you can hear traffic from I-75 on Gruber's, haha. Other than that, this place definitely has more variety than Highland.
crustaceous_flora

Postby Critter7r » April 15th, 2020, 2:10 pm

it's probably pretty quiet these days.
<> Chris <>
I live in Holly & ride my '02 FSR 26'er '09 Trek Fuel 26'er at Holdridge.
Critter7r

Postby WICCMB » April 16th, 2020, 9:40 am

crustaceous_flora wrote:Oh I've known about it. The only reason I don't rank it above Highland is because you can hear traffic from I-75 on Gruber's, haha. Other than that, this place definitely has more variety than Highland.

If you ride fast enough, the "wind in your ears" will drown out the traffic noise. :lol: It's all white noise to me, I am having so much fun that I don't even notice it!
WICCMB
Administrator

Postby crustaceous_flora » May 4th, 2020, 1:36 pm

Is there anything that can be done about the mud pit on Orchard? Wooden bridges? Maybe take some of the 40,000 unused rocks on the side of the trail and put them in there? Also there is a huge tree down between mile markers 13 and 13.5. Will require a chainsaw. Besides that one spot on Orchard, this place gets better and better every time I ride it. 10/10 place to ride for Southeast Michigan.
crustaceous_flora

Postby b_b » May 4th, 2020, 1:47 pm

Yeah I heard was pretty muddy Saturday; although Brighton and ILRA Yellow were dry and Blue had a few puddles. I think I'll ride this when it dries up. Getting bored with Maybury/Brighton/Highland/DTE/ILRA. Tough life. :)
b_b

Postby crustaceous_flora » May 4th, 2020, 2:15 pm

I rode everything there last night. Only bad spot was on Orchard honestly. North had that usual wet spot too but there's a smooth dryish line going through all of it so it's still fast. Lake and Turtle has those normal little wet spots too. The cool rooty downhill on West was a little wet too but it wasn't bad whatsoever considering the rest of the trail system is absolute PR city right now.
crustaceous_flora

Postby crustaceous_flora » May 6th, 2020, 10:08 pm

Saw some crazy *beep* a couple of hours ago

I finished riding Gruber's and got back to my car. I start hearing a ton of crazy screaming coming from the woods, like non stop deranged yelling. It keeps getting closer and closer. Some dude is SPRINTING full speed out of the entrance of West Loop yelling something about mad max and something about secrets of the universe. It was like, blood curdling yelling. He gets in a car parked across the lot and just rips out of the parking lot super fast and down the dirt road doing like 60mph. Absolutely insane. He was screaming for a good 5 minutes in the woods before he emerged. Watch out for crazies yo.
crustaceous_flora

Postby Critter7r » May 7th, 2020, 8:15 am

On Sunday, meadow was muddy around that 25-ft rock path. Do we have a name for that? Can we call it the Rock Carpet? (Kinda like a Red Carpet ... but ... it ... it's rocks)

Motion to name the rocks that were installed on Meadow the "Rock Carpet".

Any Seconds?
<> Chris <>
I live in Holly & ride my '02 FSR 26'er '09 Trek Fuel 26'er at Holdridge.
Critter7r

Postby crustaceous_flora » June 5th, 2020, 12:53 pm

How's the trail conditions here on Orchard and West Loop lately?
crustaceous_flora

Postby crustaceous_flora » June 10th, 2020, 11:57 am

The new cheater line on Tech Loop is embarrassing. However the new trail work and re-route though on Orchard is great, thanks for fixing up those problem areas!
crustaceous_flora

Postby crustaceous_flora » June 15th, 2020, 12:16 pm

North Rips. West/Tech/Lake continues to be the most fun trail in SE MI. However Turtle, East, Meadows, and Orchard is massively overgrown right now. It felt like I was in a jungle because I couldn't see more than 2 ft in front of my tire, haha.
crustaceous_flora

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions