Zombies on Trails

Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

Zombies on Trails

Postby DynoDon » March 22nd, 2020, 8:27 pm

For the people that don't get Facebook, there are a lot of reports on FB about lots of out of control people walking on the trails this weekend, they must be Zombies.. be careful out there..
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon

Re: Zombies on Trails

Postby amadkins » March 22nd, 2020, 9:42 pm

I think that’s just Island Lake.
amadkins

Postby DynoDon » March 23rd, 2020, 5:23 am

Poto was full of Zombies, Highland even had a guy passing out hugs, even Hines had a report to be careful lots of hikers, it was free State Park weekend, and everything is closed so the Zombies where out in force, i hope it was just the weekend..
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon

Postby countryboy_mike » March 23rd, 2020, 5:39 am

I can confirm lots of Zombies at Brighton Rec on Saturday.
Always a singletrack mind
2020 Canyon Neuron CF 9.0 SL
2015 Motobecane Ti Fly 29er custom build
2017 Motobecane Lurch Fat Bike
Team Hometown
countryboy_mike

Postby CarlSturm » March 24th, 2020, 10:31 am

I took a hike at ILRA on Sunday and counted over 20 mountain bikers. Still lots of muddy spots.
CarlSturm

Postby b_b » March 24th, 2020, 11:09 am

CarlSturm wrote:I took a hike at ILRA on Sunday and counted over 20 mountain bikers. Still lots of muddy spots.

I rode Sunday afternoon. The only significantly soft area was yellow hill climb after the bridge and I just jumped off and walked around. I came home with a clean bike. Now is probably different after the snow.

Oh and zombie walkers all made space, but I wish they'd walk opposite to see us. Most were walking same direction.
b_b

Postby CarlSturm » March 24th, 2020, 1:19 pm

Yeah, hiking is best done against bike traffic but unless you hike the entire loop you'll be hiking in same direction one way or another. They have widened that path that runs alongside the railroad tracks leading up to the mall and another that cuts into the woods in sort of a horseshoe shape. Both are good spots to avoid the bike traffic.

I'm anxious to get the bike out but I'm a wimp when it comes to cold temps

b_b wrote:
CarlSturm wrote:I took a hike at ILRA on Sunday and counted over 20 mountain bikers. Still lots of muddy spots.

I rode Sunday afternoon. The only significantly soft area was yellow hill climb after the bridge and I just jumped off and walked around. I came home with a clean bike. Now is probably different after the snow.

Oh and zombie walkers all made space, but I wish they'd walk opposite to see us. Most were walking same direction.
CarlSturm

Postby crustaceous_flora » April 6th, 2020, 10:01 pm

Poto and Maybury are basically unrideable right now due to zombies. Maybury has separate hiking trails there too...which is why I can't comprehend why they are standing in the middle of the downhills there.
crustaceous_flora

Postby WICCMB » April 7th, 2020, 9:08 am

crustaceous_flora wrote:Poto and Maybury are basically unrideable right now due to zombies. Maybury has separate hiking trails there too...which is why I can't comprehend why they are standing in the middle of the downhills there.

It's because the hiking trails are packed...overflow traffic! Not to mention there are probably some non-usual visitors that probably don't know any better.
WICCMB
Administrator

Postby Mattwings » April 8th, 2020, 11:00 am

I have ridden Maybury most days and only seen an occasional walker or inexperienced biker. I ty and be friendly and mention the in place processes for hiking (against flow) and riding (one way). It is brief and well distanced, probably innefective. Other than a trail runner who stared me down and did not want to yield, it has been conflict free. I would suggest earlier or later in the day to avoid the people that are just stir crazy and walk around mid-day.
Mattwings

Return to General