CRAMBA: Ruby Campground

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Ruby Campground

Postby cjn1014 » November 2nd, 2018, 5:27 am

Any recent experiences or trail reports? I recall hours and access being limited during archery deer season.
We train young men to drop fire on people, but their commanders won't allow them to write "*beep*" on their airplanes because it's obscene!
cjn1014

Postby Discostallion » November 2nd, 2018, 8:55 am

Was at Ruby a few weeks ago after bow season had started & the owner said nothing about restricted times.
She did say that once camping season finishes the gate may be closed, but it was fine to park at the road as long as no driveways get blocked. There is a shed by the visitor parking that has a drop box next to it for putting your $2.

Trail is very much in need of some TLC. Lots of leaves make it hard to follow if you aren't familiar with the trail, and there were 2-3 downed trees that we had to hump bikes over. The ridge that you descend after all the tough climbs is pretty washed out/loose, & obscured by leaves. I was riding with a guy that knew the trail well, & based on conditions he felt that the other side of the river would be to unkept to be worth crossing, but at that time the crossing was doable.

I'm a newbie rider and had to hike a bike up all of the big hills, and still had a blast. Tough trail, but rad. Will be going back to climb them hills.
Discostallion

Postby mmlboz33 » June 16th, 2020, 7:21 pm

For anyone close to Ruby Campground I have been working on the trail. The front side is ready to ride. I hope to get over on the back side of the creek and get that fixed up but it needs alot of work. I hope to be able to work on the trail this summer and make it more user friendly. It is a pretty technical trail with some pretty hard climbs. The potential is there it just needs some people that maybe live close by to ride it and maybe help do a little work on it .
mmlboz33

Postby mmlboz33 » July 26th, 2020, 7:51 pm

The front section of Ruby is really nice right now. It is about 2.5 miles per lap. Still have not got across the creek yet to try and get that ridable. The Front is fun and I will try to get some GoPro footage up for people to see. I know most people are not going to drive a long ways for a 2.5 mile trail but if anyone lives fairly close it might be worth checking out. I am going to keep it maintained all summer and if I get the back cleared I will post.
mmlboz33

Postby Dell18 » August 1st, 2020, 8:49 am

Sent you a PM
Dell18

Postby Kevlar777 » August 31st, 2020, 6:52 am

I rode the trail a few times last year and really enjoyed it, except for the trail conditions. I am willing to help. I’d love to get the back side completed.
Kevlar777

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions