CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: River Bends

Postby wrob » July 24th, 2020, 4:05 pm

Matt & I raked in 376 lbs. (4 bags) of Portland Cement and hosed it down into the loose trail bed approach to the berm after #25 on the CK loop.to firm it up; then we hauled some sand, gravel, stone, and two bags of "quick set " concrete i had laying around to the low spot after #21 and did a partial repair there, also cleared some of those nasty arm cutting thorns that grow high and drop into the trail over there.
wrob

Postby 55fairlane » July 26th, 2020, 7:13 pm

Thanks wrob. Truly appreciate what you do for the trail.
55fairlane

Postby wrob » July 27th, 2020, 2:46 pm

I built a log feature on the BTT where there was an existing short cut, it should be ok to ride , but i did block it pending the addition of some landscape spikes to deter the vandals.
wrob

Postby wrob » August 10th, 2020, 2:56 pm

I pulled two 2×12 boards out of the canal to build a feature for beginners to practice on, it's not designed for more skilled riders,please don't destroy it because it doesn't meet your standards, it's not there to improve your lap times, just something i thought beginners would like to ride, it's a work in progress, i blocked it off but can't guarantee someone won't unblock it, stay on the main trail and you'll be fine. It's a popular trail with riders of all skill levels, i'm just trying to make something for the new people to the sport to help build their skills.
wrob

Postby wrob » August 10th, 2020, 3:31 pm

Markers at #21 and #22 have been painted over! Use Extra Caution in that area! I almost had a head on crash there Saturday with a wrong way rider!
wrob

Postby c0nsumer » August 11th, 2020, 5:54 am

wrob wrote:I pulled two 2×12 boards out of the canal to build a feature for beginners to practice on, it's not designed for more skilled riders,please don't destroy it because it doesn't meet your standards, it's not there to improve your lap times, just something i thought beginners would like to ride, it's a work in progress, i blocked it off but can't guarantee someone won't unblock it, stay on the main trail and you'll be fine. It's a popular trail with riders of all skill levels, i'm just trying to make something for the new people to the sport to help build their skills.

This one, Rob? https://imgur.com/a/6hIJK77

That's neat looking and a nice use of material already on site there.

I wonder, what do you think of having the boards going to and from the center log in a straight line, so it can be ridden like a skinny with a bump in the middle?

When I rode it yesterday, in order to keep my front wheel on the boards, my rear wheel came off to the right on to the broken concrete and got a bit hung up on the middle log. It had me wondering if a straight on/off might be a little more beginner friendly and fun?
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby wrob » August 15th, 2020, 7:42 am

Thx. for the input Steve,(always appreciated), i straightened the skinny and added a small log feature and a mini "rock" garden, should be ok for beginners to practice on.
wrob

Postby c0nsumer » August 15th, 2020, 2:30 pm

wrob wrote:Thx. for the input Steve,(always appreciated), i straightened the skinny and added a small log feature and a mini "rock" garden, should be ok for beginners to practice on.

It's fun! Nice work, Rob!
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby wrob » August 31st, 2020, 1:35 pm

Parks &Rec. has removed the fallen tree after Nessie.
wrob

Postby wrob » September 2nd, 2020, 2:46 pm

Trail mostly good after last nights ' rain,the low spot after #21 was wet and needs some rock fill to raise the trail bed,the drag strip has a mud hole that needs filling, "steep grade " needs work , the ditch i dug drains okay but the top part is washing out, the #3 hill climb and the #16 down hill both need work done.
wrob

Postby wrob » September 21st, 2020, 1:37 pm

The trail is in great shape,however.... the nice repair work done on the #16 berm has been vandalized.at least 3 large pieces of slate have been removed.it's rideable for now, i don't know why this was done, again....looks like vandalism to me, it was ok Saturday.
wrob

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions