Stony Flow Section

Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

Stony Flow Section

Postby ecarlsen74 » September 15th, 2020, 5:08 pm

Just curious if anyone could provide me with info on this section I have been hearing about in relation to the regular trail. Is it an off shoot? Separate trail? Haven't rode Stony in 6 years and am heading out to ride River Bends and Addison and wanted to check this out too. Thank you.
ecarlsen74

Re: Stony Flow Section

Postby c0nsumer » September 15th, 2020, 10:18 pm

This is part of the new stuff being built under the Shelden Trails Redevelopment.

This first trail, loop B on the plan (https://www.metroparks.com/wp-content/u ... pdf?x91894) is still under construction. There are points where it crosses the two track and you may be able to hop on to it, but as it's not complete it may also be closed down.

If you do go exploring, please:

- Do not get anywhere near the builders or their equipment. They have to shut down if people come near by. (Listen for the machines.)
- Do not cross any tape or snow fencing or go past any signs indicating construction.
- Keep in mind the trail is NOT finished. There are unfinished technical features, surface, etc. Some of it's still a bit meh. Be careful.

If you head up from the F lot you will pass through the trail area. Look to your left and you probably can hop on and ride the trail in the intended direction. But, as there's stuff in this section which is not yet complete (and will require heavy equipment to roll through) this could be closed down.

Or, just wait ~2 weeks until it's declared open by the park and all will be good. :)
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby b_b » September 16th, 2020, 9:54 am

When are they targeting to have all the trail work completed?
Will there be good signage to guide one to ride the entire system?
When I was there I wasn't sure which way to pickup the trail again.
b_b

Postby c0nsumer » September 16th, 2020, 10:13 am

b_b wrote:When are they targeting to have all the trail work completed?
Will there be good signage to guide one to ride the entire system?
When I was there I wasn't sure which way to pickup the trail again.

All, hopefully some time in 2021. This phase, November.

Yes, that's the plan.

For Loop B, which is what everyone is currently talking about, it will be counter-clockwise, towards the West Branch road.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby b_b » September 16th, 2020, 10:49 am

Yeah B looks like a bit of an anomaly - more of a parallel trail with A rather than stacked loop like the rest.
b_b

Postby c0nsumer » September 16th, 2020, 11:11 am

Only for about half of A... It's stacked, just not providing an option to ride one (in its entirety) then the other, ala DTE. One of the downsides of Stony and refitting the existing trails.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

c0nsumer

Postby verbalkint99 » September 19th, 2020, 10:49 pm

I knew about the new sections, but had no idea of the scope of the project. Thanks for the link.
verbalkint99

Return to General