ROLLING HILLS TRAIL WORK DAY, Sat., Oct 15, 9:00 AM to 1 PM

For discussing Potawatomi Mountain Biking Association topics.

Postby michael48197 » October 14th, 2016, 8:51 am

Please come out for fall trail clean up at Rolling Hills Park in Ypsilanti Township on Saturday, Oct 15, 9:00 AM to 1 PM. My apologies for the last minute notice, but I wasn't sure my schedule for tomorrow would be open until late Thursday evening. We will be mowing and trimming the west and north meadows to get the trail ready for the Black Friday Ride on Nov 25 (10 AM). With a large enough crew, we will also be cleaning up rough cut sections of new trail in the E-W tree line south of the soccer fields to connect the North Meadow loop back to the West Meadow loop at the kettle pond (see photo attached...the part with "Work Area 11/14" as this work area is a continuation of work from last Nov). This tree line is ~1/4 mile long and will replace the adjacent E-W paved path immediately S of the sports fields.

Let's plan to meet at 9 AM in the "sports field" lot in the middle of the northern side of the park road. The work area is only few yards away! Please bring work gloves and sturdy shoes, wear long pants to protect from thorns and bring any good work tools that you might have (lopper, pruning shears,...). If anyone is attending the RHP front gate, let them know that you are entering to work on the MTB trail and they should let you in without charge. Leave a message here if you plan to come out to help.

Michael Connolly
RHP Trail Coordinator
michael48197

Return to PotoMBA