Burchfield: New stunt on Serenity - Firefly

For discussing Mid-Michigan Mountain Bike Association (formerly Mid-State chapter) topics.

Burchfield: New stunt on Serenity - Firefly

Postby reidabel » September 30th, 2017, 6:25 pm

Today I built the first line of a new feature on the Serenity trail. It is about 20 feet to the right of where the old (2010) Serenity stunt was located before I had to remove it because of rot. A big old tree fell and there is a lot of potential on it, this will more than make up for the loss of the Serenity stunt. The line I built today is the easy line, though it's probably an intermediate line. I was able to loop around and hit it over and over without touching down, so it's fairly easy. Just don't ride it clipped in!

I have videos, but there won't be any on my YouTube channel right away. YouTube has, unfortunately for me, removed their Video Editor. I wish they hadn't have done that, I had become really comfortable with it, and was able to do a lot: titles, transitions, free music, trimming, image stabilization, automatic pan and zoom on still photos, and it was pretty easy to work with. Not that anybody watched my videos, though ... with 300 views of my post announcing it (Enter The Dragon, a couple of weeks ago) and providing the link to the video, YouTube stats shows me that it was only watched 12 times, and half of them were probably me.

I will be making at least one more line on the same fallen tree, a more advanced line, and may make some criss-cross possibilities. Usually, lumber is an issue, but thanks to donations from the park and Gilbert Lumber, I actually have something to work with for a change.

It was beautiful out there today, I love this time of year, for riding or for building.
Last edited by reidabel on October 1st, 2017, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
reidabel

Re: Burchfield: New stunt on Serenity - Firefly

Postby reidabel » September 30th, 2017, 6:28 pm

Regarding the name, Serenity is a movie, Firefly is not. However, the movie Serenity is based on the TV series Firefly, so I'm using it. Hopefully no more trees fall across the Serenity trail, because I don't know what I could possibly call a new feature.
reidabel

Return to MMMBA