Looking for lady riders to ride with

A place to discuss issues specific to women, from jerseys and shorts to tips and techniques. Men are welcome, but unhelpful, sarcastic comments are not.

Looking for lady riders to ride with

Postby Abbyj » October 26th, 2017, 1:36 pm

Oh man, this is so out of my box to do something like this but I am wondering if there are any girls out there that love to ride in Southeast Michigan and are looking to meet up to ride once in a while. My husband often can't go with me and while I love riding alone, it's nice to have a friend to ride with too(not to mention it's also safer)! I don't often see women riding and when I do, im too shy to introduce myself or it's just in passing. Thought this might be a way to find some fellow riders!
Abbyj

Re: Looking for lady riders to ride with

Postby Dark-Fx » October 26th, 2017, 1:53 pm

Abbyj wrote:Oh man, this is so out of my box to do something like this but I am wondering if there are any girls out there that love to ride in Southeast Michigan and are looking to meet up to ride once in a while. My husband often can't go with me and while I love riding alone, it's nice to have a friend to ride with too(not to mention it's also safer)! I don't often see women riding and when I do, im too shy to introduce myself or it's just in passing. Thought this might be a way to find some fellow riders!

I've heard the girlbike group is pretty friendly.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/girlbike/
Dark-Fx

Postby RazBarry_KB » October 26th, 2017, 3:41 pm

Where are you located, what trail and when are you looking to ride?

Girlbike is a great resource for the western side of SE MI, but is a bit lacking on the east side (working on it ;)). There are many rides that get posted up regularly, and there is a very large network of women that are very friendly, knowledgeable, and eager to meet and ride with other women like yourself! I was fortunate to have connected with many women who I ride with frequently on a regular basis now. All you need to do is ask!

Good news is if you are located on the eastside because I am too (Shelby Twp area). I'm always looking for someone to ride with. Even more so now since it's getting cold and dark early.
RazBarry
RazBarry_KB

Postby Abbyj » October 26th, 2017, 7:31 pm

Well thank you both for replying! I tried looking into girlbike but I don't have FB! I downloaded Strava so maybe that will work. I usually ride out towards Poto, Maybury, or Highland but each weekend I like to go to different trails. I find it very difficult with traffic to make my way up to shelby area, which is a bummer because you have some great trails!! If I come up that way, I will see if you're available!
Abbyj

Postby b_b » October 27th, 2017, 8:08 am

You could IM Dirtdevil.

You could create a Facebook act without your full/real name and don't enter any personal info and disallow friend requests. You'll need a valid email to verify your act, but could even create an alternate email for that. Your profile page would be viewable but it would not have any real information about you.
b_b

Postby Abbyj » October 27th, 2017, 8:57 am

Thanks!
Abbyj

Postby ccoffey » October 29th, 2017, 4:13 pm

I had the same issue of not having facebook when I started riding a few years ago. Definitely worth setting up a page, even if just for joining the girlbike group :)
cheers!
ccoffey

Postby Jeepbrat » November 14th, 2017, 5:18 pm

I would be in for a girls ride. Trying to do the Cadillace pathway fat bike day on Dec 2. Any other rides goin on? I'm game.
Jeepbrat

Return to Dirt Grrrls Lounge