Heading North

Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

Heading North

Postby jlsalani » August 8th, 2018, 10:57 am

Heading up by Frankfort at the end of August and will be looking to ride some trails... Will hit Arcadia of course, but I saw another on the map.. Lost Lake? Anyone ride it? what are your thoughts.
jlsalani

Re: Heading North

Postby DynoDon » August 8th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Mesick on m115 is on your way up, or back, Marllia trailhead of the North Country Trail is a few miles south of Mesick well worth the time.

https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/426181 ... -trailhead
Don't forget to tighten the loose nut between the handlebars, and the seat.
DynoDon

Postby jlsalani » August 9th, 2018, 11:12 am

Have ridden that part of the NCT many times and love it and will be there this fall... will be at a cottage closer to the lost lake trail so really interested if worth the trip.
jlsalani

Postby bleve » August 9th, 2018, 11:30 am

jlsalani wrote:Heading up by Frankfort at the end of August and will be looking to ride some trails... Will hit Arcadia of course, but I saw another on the map.. Lost Lake? Anyone ride it? what are your thoughts.

Lost Lake Pathway is a nice enough ride. It's a hiking trail you can bike on. Nothing major in terms of elevation, some roots and scenic in spots along Lake Dubonnet and some wetlands. If you're in the area definitely worth a short ride, wouldn't make a special trip of hours just for it.
bleve

Postby AllMountin' » August 9th, 2018, 12:20 pm

Lake Ann is close by and offers a short loop of rolling elevation. Pairs well with lost Lake.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby crustaceous_flora » August 10th, 2018, 1:00 pm

Arcadia is okay, I wasn't a big fan of it though, kinda boring really imo..no jumps, drops, tech, etc. The NCT starting in Marilla is much, much better, definitely the best trail in the Lower Peninsula and it's not to far from where you'll be. Go there.
crustaceous_flora

Postby Creamy » August 12th, 2018, 4:30 pm

jlsalani wrote:Heading up by Frankfort at the end of August and will be looking to ride some trails... Will hit Arcadia of course, but I saw another on the map.. Lost Lake? Anyone ride it? what are your thoughts.

I ride it all the time, great little trail but the real magic is in the unmarked singletrack around it, there's miles of unmarked trails that are a blast. if you have a way to upload a GPX file shoot me a message and I can send you a map of my favorite loop.
Copper Ridge Riders Association:
Creamy

Return to General