Border to Border Trail and Gravel

Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

Border to Border Trail and Gravel

Postby DynoDon » February 6th, 2019, 6:08 am

I rode the roads around Ann Arbor, Border to Border and the gravel roads, with the least traffic were great, no ice, no deep mud/water, there are pot holes, but those are to be expected this time of year, I put a cheap suspension seat post on my gravel bike, that helped way more then I thought it would. With the roads still bing frozen they can't plow them, so there are pot holes a plenty on the busy roads like Joy rd.. riding gravel beats tearing up the trails, and a good way to get in some miles, plus for me is getting in condition for the G&G gravel race in Waterloo on March 16th..

Get out and ride GRAVEL, get ready for spring, let the trails heal... and Border to Border too... https://www.washtenaw.org/334/Border-to-Border-Trail
Last edited by DynoDon on March 30th, 2019, 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon

Re: Gavel was good yesterday

Postby TimTucker » February 6th, 2019, 3:31 pm

Skateparks were in good shape too -- went with my son over to the one in Sterling Heights yesterday evening and it was just us and 2 guys out skateboarding, so we had most of the place to ourselves.

Nice for getting a little more excitement than just riding on flat pavement.
TimTucker

Postby DynoDon » March 28th, 2019, 6:15 pm

I rode many Gravel roads around Ann Arbor yesterday, most were good, some were graded, some being graded, some needing grading, overall very good for riding. I also rode Border to Border from Ypsi (Laforge Rd to Whitmore Lake Rd), there is a detour on B2B just north of UofM Medical Center from Maiden Ln to Broadway St.. B2B is a great ride anytime, even in the winter, or when gravel roads are unrideable, I've ridden it from Whitmore Lake Rd to Ford Dam (Bridge st) on the east side of Ford Lake, It may go east of Ford Dam. I add in some gravel when its good, yesterday I got 35 miles, there are many miles there anytime of the year, and they are adding on to B2B to go to Stockbridge, and other places. I seen what looks like construction of a bike path beside Huron River Drive north of Main st. Not on the road, next to it. Always a good alternative to riding/rutting wet trails. Builds Stamina too.
DynoDon

Postby DynoDon » March 29th, 2019, 3:28 pm

Border 2 Border Maps and info, a lot of it is complete, and there is construction on Huron River Dr between Ann Arbor and Dexter now, Washtenaw County to Livingston County are the borders they mean.. 70 miles planned, going to hook to Lakeland trail (Lakeland Trail goes from Stockbridge to Hamburg now) in two places from Ypsilanti, through Ann Abor, and Dester, this is a paved multiuse trail.. it looks like its going by the Poto Trailhead, and the DTE Trailhead, through Huron Metro Park, Its all paved but still a good bunch of miles, but hook to plenty of gravel roads, and another great alternatives when the trails are muddy..

https://www.washtenaw.org/334/Border-to-Border-Trail
DynoDon

Return to General