DJ Project Bike (Needs TLC) For Sale Troy / Warren area

Where individuals (non-commercial sellers) can buy or sell stuff.

DJ Project Bike (Needs TLC) For Sale Troy / Warren area

Postby aard » April 14th, 2019, 5:12 pm

Up for sale is my 26" wheeled Dirt Jumper project that I started a few years ago and never finished. It has been sitting in my workstand for a couple of years untouched and it is time to go. I got about 90% of it done and for whatever reason didn't continue. I will never finish it as it sits and am hoping to pass it along to someone who will.

The frame was purchased off of another forum member on here. I know that it was hand built by Thomas Hosford, and hopefully some of you Ann Arbor guys can help me to ID exactly what it is, but if my memory is correct it was an Atomlab Trail King prototype. I have no way of getting the exact geometry, but I do know that it is a Medium sized frame. Again, maybe someone on here familiar with the frame can help me to answer any specific questions.

Frame is structurally sound but has seen better days cosmetically. The paint was all scratched up from loading and unloading into his car. Over the last couple of years those scratches are now showing surface rust on the exposed steel. In some areas the paint is beginning to chip off all together. It's nothing that can't be fixed up, but I don't have the interest in doing it. Being such a unique frame, I hope that someone who doesn't mind a project will enjoy bringing this frame back to it's original beauty.

Fork is a Marzocchi DJ1. I also have a steel 80mm suspension corrected for and a nice strong front wheel that I can include.

Wheelset came off of a Black Market Riot. Black disc hubs. Rear 11t driver. Front 20mm Thru-axle. Black spokes, brass nips, and red anodized double wall rims. Rear rim has a tiny ding and blemish, but the wheelset is solid. 2.4" Maxxis Holy Roller tires front and rear. Tubes are presta valve but the holes in the rims are for schraeder. I ended up making my own rim strips because the rubber ones that came on the wheels made me nervous, but if I were keeping and finishing the bike I'd add the schraeder to presta adapters OR just put in schraeder tubes. Ride-able as is though.

Cranks are 3pc cromoly BMX cranks with a 6" Profile GDH spindle. 27t sprocket. Primo pedals (Tenderizers I think. Drive side pedal has a tiny bit of play).

RaceFace stem and cromo 3" Atomlab bars.

I have two other bikes to sell, and a garage full of parts, so I just want this gone. I'd rather sell it as it sits than part it out. Hopefully someone can use it. I don't enjoy working on bikes like I used to, am getting old and don't currently have health insurance so I will not be finishing this or riding it :lol:

If interested, send me a PM and we can exchange numbers. This post is long enough but I can answer any questions that you may have. I am in Troy (Maple and Rochester Rd area) and travel to Warren pretty much every day. $250 OBO

[img][IMG]https://oi595.photobucket.com/albums/tt33/aaronjoswick/77C5DFE7-11C6-4864-BD4D-2CF1F257CDAA.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]https://oi595.photobucket.com/albums/tt33/aaronjoswick/77C5DFE7-11C6-4864-BD4D-2CF1F257CDAA.jpg[/img][/img]

RollingStoned
the only one on the trails who's NOT in a hurry
In Memory of all Pitbulls Killed by Ignorance and Fear Image
aard

Re: DJ Project Bike (Needs TLC) For Sale Troy / Warren area

Postby Amsone » April 15th, 2019, 7:52 pm

I’m not able to see the pics. Can you resolve it please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't think...Try all!
Amsone

Postby aard » April 25th, 2019, 5:24 pm

Would if I could. Apparently they are too big to link properly and I have zero clue how to resize them.
RollingStoned
the only one on the trails who's NOT in a hurry
In Memory of all Pitbulls Killed by Ignorance and Fear Image
aard

Postby kyle_vk » May 20th, 2019, 9:16 am

PM sent
On One 456 Evo II
Norco Sasquatch
kyle_vk

Return to Classified Ads