Cannondale Service

Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

Cannondale Service

Postby Ecruz » August 9th, 2019, 12:42 pm

I have just realized that Great Lakes Cycle in Ann Arbor has closed. They were my go to shop for everything related to my Cannondale Scalpel. Any recommendations for someone/somewhere that can service my bike? REI is listed as a Cannondale dealer, I called and was told "yes, we have a Cannondale mechanic". Has anyone had their bike worked on there? Impressions? I work in Ann Arbor & live in Wixom.

Thanks
Ecruz

Re: Cannondale Service

Postby troth » August 9th, 2019, 1:19 pm

I haven't had my bikes serviced at REI so I can't speak to that, but I trust Seth at Sweet Bikes in Canton with my Scalpels.
troth

Postby Steve_Kinley » August 9th, 2019, 4:21 pm

You can try CycleFit in Fenton or Saginaw. They are Cannondale dealers.
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

Postby DynoDon » August 9th, 2019, 4:52 pm

Tree Fort in Ypsi was a Cannondale dealer, not on the list anymore so I'm not sure, Town n Country in Livonia is listed as a dealer, Otto is the owner, he can fix anything. Good Luck
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon

Postby deuxdiesel » August 10th, 2019, 4:38 am

Is it Lefty-related problems or just normal stuff? I would suggest Tom's Mobile Bike Repair in Dexter for anything non-Lefty related.
deuxdiesel

Postby Ecruz » August 10th, 2019, 8:24 am

Thanks for all of the recommendations.

I bought my first Cannondale from Great Lakes back in 1996 and have patronized them continuously over the years. It's been nice having a shop 10 minutes from my office, where I could pop in on my lunch hour and grab a part, drop my bike off or just hang out & look at bikes. Not looking forward to having to drive 30 minutes or more to Canton or Fenton.

Most service/repairs I can do myself, but they've always serviced the Lefty and always had the exact part or tool that I've needed. I'm going to miss the convenience. It will be weird not having a Cannondale shop in Ann Arbor, maybe someone will jump in and fill the void. Or maybe it's time for me to move on from Cannondale, to something not so "unique". :)
Ecruz

Postby DynoDon » August 10th, 2019, 12:28 pm

I don't see why Tree Fort wouldn't beable to take care of your needs, they were a Cannondale dealer not long ago, so the know the bikes, have the tools, I bet they can still get the parts, and they aren't far from A2.. their price match is great too... so is their Triple Trail Challenge...
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon

Postby Ecruz » August 10th, 2019, 12:49 pm

DynoDon wrote:I don't see why Tree Fort wouldn't beable to take care of your needs, they were a Cannondale dealer not long ago, so the know the bikes, have the tools, I bet they can still get the parts, and they aren't far from A2.. their price match is great too... so is their Triple Trail Challenge...

I’ll check with them to see if they still service Cannondale.

Thanks
Ecruz

Postby sisu » August 11th, 2019, 7:34 pm

Ecruz wrote:Thanks for all of the recommendations.

I bought my first Cannondale from Great Lakes back in 1996 and have patronized them continuously over the years. It's been nice having a shop 10 minutes from my office, where I could pop in on my lunch hour and grab a part, drop my bike off or just hang out & look at bikes. Not looking forward to having to drive 30 minutes or more to Canton or Fenton.

Most service/repairs I can do myself, but they've always serviced the Lefty and always had the exact part or tool that I've needed. I'm going to miss the convenience. It will be weird not having a Cannondale shop in Ann Arbor, maybe someone will jump in and fill the void. Or maybe it's time for me to move on from Cannondale, to something not so "unique". :)

Yeah, time to move on from proprietary stuff, especially Cannondale.

Cannondale now prohibits even authorized dealers from working on Leftys. Dealer is only allowed take it off and ship it to Cannondale. Oh, you’ll pay for the shipping, of course. What did C’Dale want for a rebuild? $550. My dealer went to bat for me and got the price knocked down to $300, but I’m done with this brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sisu
Administrator

Postby b_b » August 12th, 2019, 9:07 am

That's crazy! They're not doing themselves any favors to keep repeat customers. Same for Specialized brain forks, but service/rebuild/shipping is about $180 also too much if you ask me.
b_b

Postby Ecruz » August 12th, 2019, 10:16 am

Just spoke to Tree Fort Bikes. I was told they send all Lefty's back to Cannondale, even if it just needs the "tune up" service. Great Lakes was able to do that service in one day, for $30 or so, plus the price of the parts. :(
Ecruz

Postby c0nsumer » August 12th, 2019, 12:05 pm

Consider these folks as well: http://mendoncyclesmith.com/
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby sisu » August 12th, 2019, 7:06 pm

c0nsumer wrote:Consider these folks as well: http://mendoncyclesmith.com/

Nope. He’s not authorized by C’Dale. He no longer works on Leftys.

sisu
Administrator

Postby sisu » August 12th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Ecruz wrote:Just spoke to Tree Fort Bikes. I was told they send all Lefty's back to Cannondale, even if it just needs the "tune up" service. Great Lakes was able to do that service in one day, for $30 or so, plus the price of the parts. :(

Yup. You pay shipping to Cannondale.

Beyond this, Cannondale is aware of a design flaw in the Lefty and offers a “Lefty 2” upgrade. $550 plus shipping and good to go.

If you need your Lefty tuned up or overhauled, press your dealer hard for a discount—Cannondale is a POS for not recalling these defective ‘struts’. FWIW I went through On Two Wheels and then did their best to get me a discount.

sisu
Administrator

Postby kaysee » August 13th, 2019, 7:31 am

I heard a rumor that motor city bikes in Brighton sold C’dale. I can’t confirm or deny that, but they have a great staff. They serviced my Fox fork in a couple days in house.

kaysee

Next

Return to General