Salsa Blackborow fat tire adventure machine

Where individuals (non-commercial sellers) can buy or sell stuff.

Salsa Blackborow fat tire adventure machine

Postby Plum » October 1st, 2019, 1:01 pm

Up for grabs is a 2017 Salsa Blackborow, mid-tail adventure bike. Size L in the very discrete but attractive charcoal gray color scheme.

I built this from a lightly used frame set as follows:

Salsa Blackborow Al frame and carbon fork (extra steerer left intact)
Cane Creek 40 series tapered headset.
IRD thru axle hubs on butted spoke with brass nipples, laced to Velocity Dually 27.5” rims, setup tubeless with the velocity kit, all black.
Shimano XT 8000 series brakes, 180f/160r ice rotors.
SLX shifter and rear derailleur (7000 series?), 11spd, direct mount shifter (with brake lever clamp).
Race Face Aeffect cranks (175) with shimano XT Outboard bearing BB, wolftooth direct mount chainring (32t I believe).
Easton stem with Jones loop bars, ESI chunky grips
Thomson Seatpost (fixed length, but frame is dropped routing compatible).
WTB Silverado saddle.
Tires include Schwalbe Nobby Nik (2x, though one felt quite square up front), a WTB ranger (these 3 tires are all 2.8ish size) and a pair of lightly used Panaracer Fat-B-Nimble 3.8’s, all tires folding bead and tubeless ready/compatible.
I am including the custom build Three Toes Threadworks frame bag for behind the BB, which holds a ton of essentials, snacks and/or acorns, whatever you might need. Day-glow pink inside with a mesh pocket for organizing.
Factory double-pannier capable rack included, along with the modified Xtracycle deck bolted to it, complete with inset aluminum steerer sections epoxied in place for lashing points, super handy. No panniers included.

This is really a great riding and super capable bike, quite lively on the trail, but also capable of hauling huge amounts of gear. Drivetrain and brakes probably have 250miles max, and all in great shape. A few minor scratches from use, no dings I’m aware of.

Preference to local buyers, but willing to ship at buyers expense, seems likely it might be two boxes to get it all there. PayPal or Venmo, buyer covers any fees. Located in Traverse City, can help with deliveries within a reasonable distance.

Asking $1800 or best offer.

Hit me up with any questions.

Thanks.

Jason
Last edited by Plum on October 1st, 2019, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plum

Re: Salsa Blackborow fat tire adventure machine

Postby rmp » October 1st, 2019, 2:01 pm

Photos

rmp

Postby CONomad » February 14th, 2020, 9:36 pm

This isn't still available by any chance is it?
CONomad

Postby Plum » February 14th, 2020, 9:59 pm

This is sold, thanks all.
Plum

Return to Classified Ads