Put Some Wattage Down For Fun Promotions

All forms of off road bicycle racing and competition MMBA CPS race info

Put Some Wattage Down For Fun Promotions

Postby rstraw » June 1st, 2020, 10:31 am

Racers can't race without an awesome organizer. Whether you race the MMBA CPS Series, Cyclocross, Endurance or Fat Bikes in Michigan many have one thing in common.....Fun Promotions and Brent Walk. While the COVID Pandemic has personally impacted our racing, it has also had a significant impact on the organizer, Fun Promotions.

During our racing season, we racers typically pay entrance fees for 5 to 10 events. Multiply that by the number of racers in each series and you can see a lot of revenue is being missed by Fun Promotions.

Please consider donating to the GoFundMe https://www.gofundme.com/f/racers-can039t-race-without-organizersfun-promotion?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet
rstraw

Re: Put Some Wattage Down For Fun Promotions

Postby DHackRSX » June 2nd, 2020, 11:25 pm

Thanks Rob. Good Job.
DHackRSX

Postby ShomyOface » June 19th, 2020, 6:07 am

That’s a nice gesture indeed.

Race promotion groups across the country have set up Strava segment based racing with a small enrollment fee for racers. The Roanoke Socially Distant Stage Race included MTB, gravel and road stages. Perhaps Fun Promotions could set some of these up, maybe multiple across the stage and no need to leave the home. I’d certainly pay for the opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/

?I?m thinking I might take that new chick from logistics. If things go well, I might be showing her my ?O? face?..you know what I?m talking about???? - Drew ?Office Space?
ShomyOface

Postby bwalk » July 1st, 2020, 9:07 am

First of all, Thank you Very Much for the KIND gesture ... honored to have the support!

I am NOT a fan of Virtual events WAY more can go wrong with racers racing on joint use trails/venues - Can make our group look bad IMO. Our long standing relationships with land managers, venues and communities are not worth the risk.

We have some races coming, hope we see you soon.

Brent Walk
bwalk

Return to Racing