Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby crustaceous_flora » May 6th, 2019, 2:44 pm

DynoDon wrote:Trails were all good today, theres a cut off for the sugar loop, but its not there yet, they did start work on it a few days ago, looks like we have to wait until August...



Is it going to be another machine cut flow trail? Because someone told me at DTE yesterday that the Sugar loop is going to be more "technical" along the lines of Highland, but I haven't heard anything else about that.
crustaceous_flora
 
Posts: 67
Joined: December 27th, 2017, 9:45 pm

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby Mikeyb64 » May 6th, 2019, 2:46 pm

Sugar will be machine cut flow just like Big Kame and Winn
User avatar
Mikeyb64
 
Posts: 32
Joined: July 5th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Location: Ypsi

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby DynoDon » May 6th, 2019, 2:58 pm

I heard it was going to be shorter, with more technical stuff, they have some good stuff to work with there, but we'll have to wait, and see, I sure hope its not more of the same. We need some black diamond trails, but then people go out, and alter them, they like easy flow, two way stuff, just wait until the roots, and rocks start coming up at DTE, the do it yourselfer will attack. Highland was smooth at one time, I'm glad the do it youselfers don't like Highland.
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon
 
Posts: 692
Joined: October 16th, 2010, 5:10 pm
Location: Garden City

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby DynoDon » May 8th, 2019, 3:42 pm

I was back out today, only one mud puddle, I can't remember which loop it was on, I only seen one puddle, and the new Feature on Green (Green Wave) is just past the 1 yard stick going clockwise.. I didn't do it again, I'm old I don't mind healing, I just don't like to get hurt... looks like fun, IF you have the skills/desire, and like to ride skinnies/jump.. good stuff, maybe next time....
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon
 
Posts: 692
Joined: October 16th, 2010, 5:10 pm
Location: Garden City

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby Mikeyb64 » May 11th, 2019, 6:34 pm

DynoDon wrote:I was back out today, only one mud puddle, I can't remember which loop it was on, I only seen one puddle, and the new Feature on Green (Green Wave) is just past the 1 yard stick going clockwise.. I didn't do it again, I'm old I don't mind healing, I just don't like to get hurt... looks like fun, IF you have the skills/desire, and like to ride skinnies/jump.. good stuff, maybe next time....


Hey Don. Nice chatting with you today.
-Mike
User avatar
Mikeyb64
 
Posts: 32
Joined: July 5th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Location: Ypsi

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby DynoDon » May 16th, 2019, 5:01 pm

What is it with these people that ride the trail in the wrong direction, there were plenty of them out there today, I told them, and they really did't care, one guy turned arount, THANK YOU,, but all you have to do is read the sign, but it says counter clockwise, and clockwise, these IDIOTS have digital watches, grew up with digital clocks, they haven't got the common senc\se to figure it out, ask them when quarter to three is, and thay will tell you 25 minutes to three, these people are IDIOTS, I don't know if there is a way to communicate with them, that they will understand. This two way trail set up is not working out so well, is it going to take a few bad accidents to fix it ? There are some places in the trail a wrong way IDIOT could cauxe a life changing accident, I don't want to see me, or you in a wheelchair, or dead, because some IDIOT has no consideration, or common sense.
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon
 
Posts: 692
Joined: October 16th, 2010, 5:10 pm
Location: Garden City

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby DynoDon » May 31st, 2019, 3:55 pm

DTE was all good today, a little mud, very little water, all trails were good, a log down at the 5 mile marker on Winn, loose logs in place to get over it, at least nobody going backwards when I was there today,, I'm still looking for my stamina, not sure where I lost it, but I found some of it today, off the bike for a few weeks with cataract surgery, 2nd eye Tuesday, at least I had one good eye today, big improvemant.. I'll be off a few more weeks, then I can go back to finding my stamina, if you happen to find some of it keep it, I'll get more..
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon
 
Posts: 692
Joined: October 16th, 2010, 5:10 pm
Location: Garden City

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby DynoDon » June 2nd, 2019, 4:03 pm

Trails were all good today, no widden of trail going on, no reason to, not much mud or water, I can't believe how good this trail holds up, must be they way they built it, you think? Nobody going backwards today, a lot of people on bikes, some hiking, great day for a ride, I only rode 20 miles today.
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon
 
Posts: 692
Joined: October 16th, 2010, 5:10 pm
Location: Garden City

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby BLOOMIS914 » June 9th, 2019, 12:55 pm

Big Kame and Winn were perfect on Sat 6/8. New Sugar loop is being cut in now and promises to be a great addition to the best trails in SE Mich. Surprised more people don’t post here for DTE.
User avatar
BLOOMIS914
 
Posts: 357
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 12:57 pm
Location: Northville, MI

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby DynoDon » June 12th, 2019, 5:07 pm

Only 4 people in one group going the wrong way today, 2 of us just left Winn loop when we almost got to the downhill rock gardens, we met 4 bikes with lame excuses, but we all survived, a couple minutes faster for either group could have been pretty ugly,, so the flow is better in that direction they just want to ride it that way no matter what. They have an ID ten T problem. Its not IF a bad accident happens, ITS when will it happen. That was close today.
The trails couldn't be much better, I rode my gravel bike on all loops, Kwami was the only one that present problems, I'll be glad when my shock gets back, I miss the Epic,, I've got to say the I like the Gravel bike better than my Fat bike, if I can't ride the Epic..
When was the first bicycle race?
When the second one was built !!!
DynoDon
 
Posts: 692
Joined: October 16th, 2010, 5:10 pm
Location: Garden City

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby DirtWrench » June 22nd, 2019, 7:46 am

Been MTB in Michigan for a long time and rode last night here for the first time, what a great trail!

Parked at trailhead off of m-52 and rode double track out to second green intersection and then green to Big Kame. Trail was dry and fast fast fast with just a couple of tiny greasy spots. Lot's of people out having fun. Got turned around a bit at the secondary trailhead and rode the wrong way a little before I rectified.

Overall really impressed with how fun this trail is and how great of shape its in. Looking forward to getting back out there and trying the Winn loop.
User avatar
DirtWrench
 
Posts: 10
Joined: May 14th, 2005, 5:01 pm
Location: Milford, MI

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby c0nsumer » June 22nd, 2019, 9:40 pm

DirtWrench wrote:Been MTB in Michigan for a long time and rode last night here for the first time, what a great trail!

Parked at trailhead off of m-52 and rode double track out to second green intersection and then green to Big Kame. Trail was dry and fast fast fast with just a couple of tiny greasy spots. Lot's of people out having fun. Got turned around a bit at the secondary trailhead and rode the wrong way a little before I rectified.

Overall really impressed with how fun this trail is and how great of shape its in. Looking forward to getting back out there and trying the Winn loop.


Next time consider not skipping Green Lake. It's a gloriously good trail, easier than Winn or Big Kame, but still a lot of fun. I think that when people cut through the field to not ride Green Lake they are doing themselves a disservice.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
User avatar
c0nsumer
 
Posts: 7537
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 11:35 am
Location: Shelby Township, MI

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby DirtWrench » June 23rd, 2019, 8:26 am

c0nsumer wrote:
DirtWrench wrote:Been MTB in Michigan for a long time and rode last night here for the first time, what a great trail!

Parked at trailhead off of m-52 and rode double track out to second green intersection and then green to Big Kame. Trail was dry and fast fast fast with just a couple of tiny greasy spots. Lot's of people out having fun. Got turned around a bit at the secondary trailhead and rode the wrong way a little before I rectified.

Overall really impressed with how fun this trail is and how great of shape its in. Looking forward to getting back out there and trying the Winn loop.


Next time consider not skipping Green Lake. It's a gloriously good trail, easier than Winn or Big Kame, but still a lot of fun. I think that when people cut through the field to not ride Green Lake they are doing themselves a disservice.


Thanks for the tip!
User avatar
DirtWrench
 
Posts: 10
Joined: May 14th, 2005, 5:01 pm
Location: Milford, MI

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby DirtWrench » June 23rd, 2019, 5:32 pm

c0nsumer wrote:
DirtWrench wrote:Been MTB in Michigan for a long time and rode last night here for the first time, what a great trail!

Parked at trailhead off of m-52 and rode double track out to second green intersection and then green to Big Kame. Trail was dry and fast fast fast with just a couple of tiny greasy spots. Lot's of people out having fun. Got turned around a bit at the secondary trailhead and rode the wrong way a little before I rectified.

Overall really impressed with how fun this trail is and how great of shape its in. Looking forward to getting back out there and trying the Winn loop.


Next time consider not skipping Green Lake. It's a gloriously good trail, easier than Winn or Big Kame, but still a lot of fun. I think that when people cut through the field to not ride Green Lake they are doing themselves a disservice.


How would you compare Winn to Big Kame?
User avatar
DirtWrench
 
Posts: 10
Joined: May 14th, 2005, 5:01 pm
Location: Milford, MI

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby jreyst » June 23rd, 2019, 9:48 pm

Winn is about twice as long with more hills, but none as big as the ones on Kame. I generally now only ride Winn 2x because I love the flow so much. Also, Winn has more skinny features.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2016 Giant Trance 3
Winter: 2018 Specialized Fatboy
Backup: 2007 Giant Trance I
User avatar
jreyst
 
Posts: 178
Joined: August 5th, 2009, 10:31 am

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests