Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: DTE Energy Foundation Trail (Waterloo)

Postby DynoDon » June 24th, 2019, 4:41 am

I get confused at times, is this Winn or Kame? I ride all three nonstop in the 1hr 30''s, for a 73 yr old I'm satisfied with that, I lost my stamina out there somewhere when I find it I'll be in the 1hr 20's, I have been on a little of Sugar, its not going to be confused with the other trails, I hope they make it longer then originally planned, its more technical, it won't be long, and that will be open..
We don't die from playing with bikes,
We die when we stop playing with bikes...
DynoDon

Postby crustaceous_flora » June 27th, 2019, 4:20 pm

Has anyone that's ridden part of the new Sugar Loop give any info on what it's like? Are there sick jumps, rock gardens, drops, etc?
crustaceous_flora

Postby DynoDon » July 1st, 2019, 7:34 am

I rode Sunday, the parking lots were full, I rode Brighton too, almost no bikes there, I did see an Electric bike go on the trail at Brighton, (not at the trailhead). It seems there needs to be more parking at DTE, plenty of hikers there, they have their own trails at Waterloo, where bikes aren't allowed, mountain bike trails are much better maintained is all I can figure. I rode Poto last week after DTE on Saturday, way too many hikers/runners there on the weekends for me. A runner at Poto told me to stick it up my *beep*.. LOL I wonder why he wasn't running Waterloo... OR maybe working on the trails at Waterloo so he could run where there are no bikes..
DynoDon

Postby Trance » July 1st, 2019, 7:49 am

Rode DTE for the first time last Thurs/Fri. Did Kame/Winn on Thursday, then all 3 on Friday. Man that place is fun! The banked turns are a blast! Hills are hills, but the descents is well worth the climbing. I live up in Rochester, where we have a lot of great local trails (Stoney Creek, Bloomer, Addison Oaks, Bald Mountain, River Bends), but DTE is totally different. The only one that is kinda similar is Addison Oaks. I camped at the nearby Sugarloaf Lake campground, its about 15 minutes to the DTE Secondary entrance on Cassidy Rd. DTE is definitely a destination trail that I will visit again!

Conditions were dry/dusty/loose.
Trance

Postby Trance » July 1st, 2019, 7:51 am

DynoDon wrote:I rode Sunday, the parking lots were full, I rode Brighton too, almost no bikes there, I did see an Electric bike go on the trail at Brighton, (not at the trailhead). It seems there needs to be more parking at DTE, plenty of hikers there, they have their own trails at Waterloo, where bikes aren't allowed, mountain bike trails are much better maintained is all I can figure. I rode Poto last week after DTE on Saturday, way too many hikers/runners there on the weekends for me. A runner at Poto told me to stick it up my *beep*.. LOL I wonder why he wasn't running Waterloo... OR maybe working on the trails at Waterloo so he could run where there are no bikes..

Dude needs some fat tire tracks on his back next time!
Trance

Postby DynoDon » July 6th, 2019, 1:42 pm

Tree down on Winn about the 2 1/2 yard stick...
DynoDon

Postby tadraper » July 6th, 2019, 1:45 pm

DynoDon wrote:Tree down on Winn about the 2 1/2 yard stick...

I just checked face book and it has been removed.

Someone let us k ow before we got there. Great people out on the trail today!!

T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 Salsa Powderkeg
2016 C-Dale T1 Tandem
2010 Gary Fisher Triton SS with my son
tadraper

Postby crustaceous_flora » July 10th, 2019, 2:32 pm

New loop is gonna be the sendiest one yet, there's some huge launchers back there! Can't wait till they finish bringing all the rocks back there and it's all packed down. We finally have some gnarly features in SE MI!
crustaceous_flora

Postby DynoDon » July 12th, 2019, 11:57 am

I found a way to make these trails much harder, yesterday I did a triple double non stop.. all three trails, twice.. 36 miles, I cramped up the last mile, I wasn't drinking enough of my camelbak, I stopped drank what was left, cramps went away, and was able to finish a bit slower then my first round of 1hr 45mi.. not bad for an old guy..... trails were dry, fast, no trees down.
DynoDon

Postby b_b » July 12th, 2019, 12:38 pm

DynoDon wrote:I found a way to make these trails much harder, yesterday I did a triple double non stop.. all three trails, twice.. 36 miles

Wouldn't that be a double triple? :mrgreen:
b_b

Postby DynoDon » July 12th, 2019, 1:47 pm

I guess I'm thinking of the triple trail challenge, that was a challenge for me. I'm trying to find my stamina, I think I left it at Highland though..
DynoDon

Postby macarone » July 15th, 2019, 3:46 pm

Ran across a half dozen or so SLAUGHTERED chipmunks! They were a bit slippery lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
macarone

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions