MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Maybury

Postby 2Old2BFast » August 4th, 2018, 11:07 am

Maybury is excellent today. The trees are gone and so it the mud!
2Old2BFast

Postby 2Old2BFast » August 9th, 2018, 10:41 pm

If you want to comment on the future Maybury, http://chat.mmba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139576
2Old2BFast

Postby chisbang » August 10th, 2018, 6:12 am

The state is creating a master use plan for Maybury and they want user input. We (McMBA) will be meeting with them in person shortly. I have been watching this forum and talking to riders on the trail. I have compiled a list of your interests and will be relaying them to the DNR. Since not everybody can attend this meeting, they have made this online survey available. If you want a voice in shaping the future of Maybury State Park this is your chance. Please take the time to fill out the survey.

Here's a direct link to the survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MSPGMP18
Don Chisholm
McMBA Trail Coordinator Maybury State Park
Maybury Hermit; keeping an eye on the trail.
chisbang

Postby crustaceous_flora » August 10th, 2018, 12:53 pm

I took the survey. I wish there were more jumps/drops/places to get dangerous on the MTB trail. I mean it's a fun little xc trail for sure, but IMO needs to be spiced up a bit. For example, immediately after the wooden jump, there's two bumps that could easily be made into decent sized table tops, and there's enough room on the side to have a B-line for people that don't want to hit them. Having some big tabletops right there would spice up that section quite nicely. Add a few jumps/drops here or there on some of the downhill sections and all of the sudden the trail will breathe new life. Just a suggestion! :)
crustaceous_flora

Postby rcab23 » August 10th, 2018, 1:56 pm

I completely agree with crustaceous_flora. That is an awesome short flowy fun loop that would be enhanced greatly with some more features and technical sections. I would gladly help with the trail work once approved =]
rcab23

Postby Wingo » August 10th, 2018, 2:56 pm

There used to be a tabletop like jump there, it just got rolled over and rounded out over time.
Wingo

Postby Brianh » August 10th, 2018, 9:28 pm

Anyone ridden the trial since the latest rain? How’s it look’n?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brianh

Postby b_b » August 10th, 2018, 10:19 pm

Yes it's fine.
b_b

Postby chisbang » August 12th, 2018, 9:29 am

Very wet this morning, several puddles, lot's of muddy slippery spots the could lead to an unplanned dismount. One tree down that's gone now thanks to Sean Bunyan. This should improve by this evening.
Don Chisholm
McMBA Trail Coordinator Maybury State Park
Maybury Hermit; keeping an eye on the trail.
chisbang

Postby IronMike » August 13th, 2018, 4:10 pm

No puddles, maybe 6 grease spots in the usual places.
IronMike

Postby rcab23 » August 16th, 2018, 6:05 pm

Maybury was money. I went as the rain was stopping around 5:15 and as It was not muddy at all. Great riding
rcab23

Postby b_b » August 17th, 2018, 7:04 pm

chisbang wrote:One tree down that's gone now thanks to Sean Bunyan.

Related to Paul? :)
b_b

Postby 2Old2BFast » August 18th, 2018, 9:11 am

WARNING - There is a partially fallen tree just before the cutoff for the winter trail going west. There aren't a lot of mile markers in that section, but I'm guessing it is around Mile 4. I rode under it, but it would be very nasty if you were standing up when you saw it. The MMBA is doing trail maintenance today, and they know about it, so it should be gone by this afternoon.

Even after the downpour yesterday evening, the trail is in surprisingly good shape. That is not to say it's dry, but for the most part, the puddles are pretty small. There is mud in the usual places right before and after Mile 2.
2Old2BFast

Postby Whatgoesup » August 18th, 2018, 5:30 pm

crustaceous_flora wrote:I took the survey. I wish there were more jumps/drops/places to get dangerous on the MTB trail. I mean it's a fun little xc trail for sure, but IMO needs to be spiced up a bit. For example, immediately after the wooden jump, there's two bumps that could easily be made into decent sized table tops, and there's enough room on the side to have a B-line for people that don't want to hit them. Having some big tabletops right there would spice up that section quite nicely. Add a few jumps/drops here or there on some of the downhill sections and all of the sudden the trail will breathe new life. Just a suggestion! :)

I agree. I'd love more features. Also like the B line idea.
My thought is that any features should be the B Line so as not to interrupt the flow of the current trail and the way most people ride and enjoy it now. I would like to improve that jump as well. I bottom out every time I go off of it so want to put a little more of a sloped landing. Email me if you're interested in working on that jump and we can see if we can get permission.
Whatgoesup

Postby Paul T » August 19th, 2018, 11:16 am

I rode Maybury this morning. Despite my house in Novi escaping the Saturday storm Maybury obviously didn't. Probably a dozen or so puddles but worse than that, lots of slippery, greasy spots. 2.8" Rangers were not the tire to have this morning! Lots of sideways action to make things fun. It was rideable, especially if you make full use of the natural berms at Maybury but don't expect to set any records. It will probably be a lot better by tonight or tomorrow.
Paul T

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions