Poto: Brighton

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Poto: Brighton

Postby DynoDon » July 23rd, 2018, 1:21 pm

countryboy_mike wrote:Big tree down on the Lost Loop just before the down hill that comes before Tornado Alley. Chainsaw required. This was as of Friday Night.

That tree is cleaned up pretty good, there was a small widow maker across Ralph's Loop just passed the 1/2 mile marker, its still not safe, (I jambed it into a tree and put in a branch to hold it up for now, (It should be cut down) but you can go under it now, a handwaw would do the job, other than that Torn Shirt, Murray, Lost, Found, and Ralph's good to go, trails were ok this morning, better now, I picked up, and took out some small stumps, mostly on Ralph's. One of the stumps, stumped me on Lost a few weeks ago, my ribs are still briuised, those things are MEAN PEDAL STRIKES !! Highside crashes are not fun... there are plenty more stumps out there, BIG, and small, they are all potential highsides. My keywhole saw dees ok on them small stumps, but an axe would be better, especially for the Big Stumps..
Many thanx to the people that cleared thet big tree, and all the other work thats been done.
Don't forget to tighten the loose nut between the handlebars, and the seat.
DynoDon

Postby DynoDon » July 30th, 2018, 2:24 pm

Tree down at the 7 mile on Muary/Ralph's/Found, about 1/2 mile after Tornado Alley, its 6 to 7 inches but resting up in the air, pick up your bike type of tree. Other then that trails are good to go.
DynoDon

Postby DynoDon » August 18th, 2018, 2:34 pm

Murray/Lost/Ralph's/Found all good to go, no mud/water, no trees down, but there must be a crazy indian out there, there are arrows all over the place, good job, with all the new trail markings Brighton will not be a confusing trail anymore.
DynoDon

Postby b_b » August 18th, 2018, 6:34 pm

I wish Ralph's was not marked so well. I liked it better with less traffic. :). The colored markers are a very nice touch.
b_b

Postby bender16v » August 26th, 2018, 7:13 pm

Sunday afternoon Murray Lake was sandy, even after all this rain. Be careful if you are out there railing corners because it seems like there is sand in new places. Torn Shirt had a little sand and I cut two trees off the trail. My new little Stihl folding saw works a treat! Appleton was in pretty good shape.

There is one tree that I couldn't clear on Torn Shirt and it will require a chainsaw. You can sneak under it if you're small, but it's crossing the trail. It is at the 180 turn at the bottom of the climb to the picnic table. Here's a map:

bender16v

Postby DynoDon » August 30th, 2018, 3:53 pm

Ralph's Loop.... I guess Ralph didn't have time to finish taking out the stumps when he cut out the trees, so I took out about a dozen big stumps today with my roofing ax, I had taken out a bunch of small stumps with my key hole saw, RIP Ralph your Loop is finished, and a great loop it is too.

Torn Shirt still has the BIG tree down just before Picnic Table hill, it will need a chainsaw, or a shovel to dig a few feet out from under it so it will be easier to get under.
Murray, Lost, Ralph's, Found were all good to go, lots of sand, in the worst possible spots, the bottom of the hills, in the berms, and at many other momentum grabbing spots.
I haven't been seeing deer out there this year, well the cold night last night may have gotten rid of some of the deer flies, I seen quite a few deer today, they must have been hiding from the deer fly, I can't blame 'em..

Some of those stumps were hard to get out, most not so bad, I can sure use some help on clearing more, I'm going to get some on Torn Shirt next, it may take until next year, NOT the ROOTS, the stumps that cause pedal strikes, highsides, and over the bars crashes that have, and will cause many of us sore ribs, or worse. As the ground erodes around the stumps they get higher, and more dangerous. They should have been taken out when the trails were built, but they are easier to get out now since some have rotted.
DynoDon

Postby DynoDon » September 8th, 2018, 7:59 am

Torn Shirt is all cleaned up, it was a mess, 3 small trees across the trail many big branches, and lots of derailleur breaking size sticks, lots of face slappers, head bangers, thorns, all gone, those small sticks wre all broken up into many pieces, MAN just go around them, or kick them out of the way, when you run them over its more work for someone else to pick up, (YOU could actuall pick them up, I know it might mess up your lap time, but you know if you went around on your first lap after a rain, or early in the day picking up, moving branches, breaking down, or dragging trees off the trail, then do your hot lap, your times would be much better), oh and Bus Driver was out there with a chainsaw, he got the duck down go under head banger at the start of the newest section, Thank you Jay...
DynoDon

Postby CTB » September 16th, 2018, 6:35 am

I hadn't ridden Murray since May, so all nice signs were new to me. Great job! I love the condition the trail is in - some easy parts, some rough parts...my favorite overall trail in the area! Thanks to all who did the work on the new signs and keep the trail in shape.
CTB

Postby frecher » September 16th, 2018, 8:29 pm

Ditto on the signage. Trail was excellent today, first time making it out there this year and the first time being able to find all the extensions. Really enjoy this trail.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
frecher

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions