MCMBA: Lakeshore Park (Novi)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Lakeshore Park (Novi)

Postby Excelsior » April 13th, 2019, 12:45 am

jreyst wrote:Hey Loren- Do you know if I'm just getting worse at riding or is there something different about the SECOND uphill log pile exiting the expert section that makes it exceptionally harder to actually clear? I mentioned this previously but I've literally been riding Tree Farm for almost 10 years now and I've cleared both piles probably 95% of the time, and the first pile maybe 100% of the time. Now the first one is still 95-100% but the second one is like maybe 10%. I always spin out on the second one but haven't stopped to really examine it for deterioration or something that would be causing it. Since I've only gotten faster and stronger everywhere else it seems hard to believe I've just gotten worse at clearing THIS ONE log pile lol

You're getting old. Time for an E-Bike. :D
Excelsior

Postby Loren » April 13th, 2019, 7:11 am

The log pile is made of dirt and logs. It cannot change, so it must be you. I suggest squats and lunges, and don't forget your core!

-----

If we get a good turnout on our trail day, we'd like to send a crew to repair and refresh log piles. Several need help.
Loren

Postby b_b » April 13th, 2019, 9:12 am

That log pile got into your head and now it owns you! :)
b_b

Postby WallEyed » April 13th, 2019, 9:51 am

We definitely have plans on sprucing up that log pile and a few others on our upcoming trail day!
Dave Cox
Co-Trail Coordinator - Lakeshore Park
WallEyed

Postby jreyst » April 13th, 2019, 1:43 pm

I'll be at the trail day for sure. Tired of that 2nd pile besting me.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2016 Giant Trance 3
Winter: 2018 Specialized Fatboy
Backup: 2007 Giant Trance I
jreyst

Postby Excelsior » April 22nd, 2019, 8:40 am

Just did Lakeshore yesterday afternoon, conditions were good, 95%, only a few muddy spots. Today should be pretty dried up. This trail bounces back from the rain relatively quick.
Excelsior

Postby CTB » April 25th, 2019, 4:23 am

WallEyed wrote:We definitely have plans on sprucing up that log pile and a few others on our upcoming trail day!

Just rode the trail last night. It's in very good shape! Please don't dumb-down this log pile. It's a great "I did it!" event that makes it a good day when I make it. Cleared it last night, and I'm in terrible shape, so that was nice. I would vote for a more well-defined bypass for those that don't want to attempt it.

Saw a few other things in the works. Looks like some new skinnies, etc. Yay! Any chance of resurrecting the old skinny where the front edge has rotted, making it extremely difficult to even attempt it? Wish I knew the mile marker, but I don't.
CTB

Postby Bmillsford » May 6th, 2019, 4:44 pm

The trail was in great shape today.
Bmillsford

Postby Dmk1dmk » May 16th, 2019, 7:43 pm

Just rode the trail today the first time this year. Is it me or is there a new section before or right after 12.5 mile entrance that is basically a bunch of small bumps? About half a mile long. That section is horrible - is that intentional or a work on progress or it is what it is? I probably need to work on my skills, but I didn’t enjoy that part at all. No flow at all.
Dmk1dmk

Postby jreyst » May 17th, 2019, 9:26 am

Yes that section is new and needs to be ridden a lot to smooth out the lumps. There is one spot in the middle that has a lot of soggy mud in it even after having been looked at once. I'll see what can better be done in that spot.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2016 Giant Trance 3
Winter: 2018 Specialized Fatboy
Backup: 2007 Giant Trance I
jreyst

Postby Paul T » May 17th, 2019, 10:07 am

I rode that new section for the first time this morning. I honestly quite liked it, after getting over the confusion of wondering where I had gone wrong and if I was riding in the right direction. It beats the old route up the two-track. I especially liked the new berms on the downhill section. After initially being caught by surprise I went back up for another go!
Paul T

Postby stuckMTB » May 23rd, 2019, 8:47 am

Rode tree farm last night, great conditions! Suprisingly few wet spots, nothing to complain about.
stuckMTB

Postby Hudnut » May 23rd, 2019, 9:34 am

itll be underwater today
Don't worry. It's all downhill from here.
Hudnut

Postby mrbikester » June 7th, 2019, 5:21 pm

Rode trail for first time this year. I would say to avoid for a couple of days at least. Trail was ‘soft’ in areas and muddy in others. First mile is not good. Got off bike in spots to avoid damage. Avoided expert loop.
The pine areas are fine. Nice reroute area near 12/ 1/2 mile. Some trees down.
Definitely give trail a chance to dry out more.
mrbikester

Postby Negotiator50 » June 9th, 2019, 7:58 am

Trail was prime this morning. Two large trees at 7 and 7.75 from main parking lot. Gonna need hulk or a chainsaw to move them. Two more on the trail head returning to parking lot after 8 Mile mark.
Negotiator50

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions