CRAMBA: River Bends

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: River Bends

Postby wrob » February 18th, 2019, 1:02 pm

!ATTN: skinnies, plus bikes, & CXers:Terrible trail conditions , parking lot not plowed, don't waste your time
coming out!! You'll hate yourself, stay home. FAT BIKERS! Come on out! It"s freshly groomed , the snow is
bonding to the ice, and you don't need studs unless you are really agvressive (idroveinwithmy2wds10).
wrob

Postby wrob » February 18th, 2019, 4:39 pm

UPDATE (for skinnies): regretably, trail conditions are getting worse by the hour, i felt obligated to let
you know, so again stay home & do something useful with your time, maybe polish your spoke reflectors,
whatever.
wrob

Postby wrob » February 19th, 2019, 4:44 pm

I shoveled out the plowed over area on the south Blue & then groomed it with a rake, it's rideable now for fat
bikes.
wrob

Postby wrob » February 22nd, 2019, 12:59 pm

It's 37 degrees at 1PM, the trail is a mixed bag of a very nice crunchy snow base, and the rest has a very
shallow ice track in the middle, and also some frozen slush ruts, i rode studded but i think it's doable
non studded.
wrob

Postby wrob » February 23rd, 2019, 1:18 pm

I'm not riding today but if anyone rides Riverbends, you'll find mud throughout the trail in the sun exposed
areas.more in some places, less in others, you & your bike will get dirty & you may make the ruts even worse.
wrob

Postby wrob » February 28th, 2019, 12:23 pm

I cleared that low leaning tree on the Blue at #21 & also the down tree on the BTT near Nessie.
wrob

Postby PK » February 28th, 2019, 6:23 pm

Thanks Rob!
The trail is prime this afternoon. Did a complete lap without even a slip.
Just "read" the trail. Slow down if you see a previous rider's skidmark. It appears that the snow is somewhat adhered to the ice underneath.

Pete
PK

Postby wrob » March 4th, 2019, 1:20 pm

IT AIN'T OVER YET! Still great winter riding at Riverbends! The fresh snow is bonding to the trail base, it's
icy here & there, the slush ruts & the wet dirt have refrozen, i rode studded but it's rideable without studs,
just use caution& low tire pressure.
wrob

Postby Waynosan » March 16th, 2019, 9:00 am

Anyone have an update? Was thinking of doing a fatbike run in a couple of hours but worried that the trail is mud-central.
Waynosan

Postby c0nsumer » March 16th, 2019, 9:24 am

Waynosan wrote:Anyone have an update? Was thinking of doing a fatbike run in a couple of hours but worried that the trail is mud-central.

Don't. This area is terribly soft/wet/muddy. There's a dusting of melting snow, strong sun, and it's right at freezing. Conditions are no good for any bike right now.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Waynosan » March 16th, 2019, 12:42 pm

c0nsumer wrote:Don't. This area is terribly soft/wet/muddy. There's a dusting of melting snow, strong sun, and it's right at freezing. Conditions are no good for any bike right now.

Thanks Steve, as I suspected. BTW, who should I contact to see if I can get some momentum going in trying to get alternating directions on the trails? I posted about it here and there seems to be interest/support: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=137945

Peace,
Wayne
Waynosan

Postby c0nsumer » March 16th, 2019, 12:50 pm

Jeremy, via riverbends@cramba.org. He's looking at having the red loop (CK Canal) alternate once it's done, but that's still up in the air. The overall trail is being thought of as well, but there's some complications to it.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Treasurer

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby PK » March 18th, 2019, 4:55 am

Had a nice frozen Sunday AM ride.
99.9% ice-free in the woods.
That being said, the trail has taken quite a beating in the last couple of weeks. The few fall-line sections that exist out there are very eroded.
Much worse than in any other spring.

Pete
PK

Postby Amsone » April 2nd, 2019, 8:27 pm

Any idea if the trail will be rideable tomorrow? I’d like to kick off my Trail season! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't think...Try all!
Amsone

Postby Brenton » April 7th, 2019, 5:34 pm

A couple of slick spots but otherwise in very good shape.
MOUNTAIN BIKING...because other sports require only one ball
Brenton

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions